Honored Contributor

Foods that you (or eat) that the other one (didn't) doesn't?

We all deal with it.  With vared backgrounds, There are many tastes out there!

So, what are the likes or favorites that the two of you don't (didn't) share?

I don't mind brussel sprouts at all!  We both like cabbage, but he just tolerates brussel sprouts!  The same with cottage cheese!  I loved it since I was a child.  He, on the other hand runs and hides!

From the beginning, as a child, I NEVER liked any type of dried bean. Forget Hummus.  Not going there!  Navy, Great White Northerns, Pinto, you name it!  I  Hate!  The starch seems to swell in my mouth!  (I can take beans in chili, they're hidden!)!

Green peas!  He eats those every other year!  

Stir frys that are slightly sweet from pineapple or apricot.  He prefers not.

I can eat a salad every day of the week!  He can't!

What's yours?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Foods that you (or eat) that the other one (didn't) doesn't?

I could eat a mostly vegetarian diet. My husband, on the other hand, thinks macaroni and cheese is a vegetable.  Over the years, he has come around and will tolerate most vegetables lol!

Respected Contributor

I've had two husbands and both enjoyed coffee, beer and corned beef.

You don't want to know how many "sips" and "bites" I've taken and said, "Nope, still don't like it!"  Woman LOL

Denise
Trusted Contributor

At least you gave it a try!

Respected Contributor

He dislikes most vegetables..not me- I love liver , not he... but in our 19 years together, I HAVE turned him on to lots of things he never ate before..As for me, I am not sure there IS anything that I have not eaten before, LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

He dislikes most vegetables excedpt peas, green beans and loves lima beans.  I love most vegetables but hate lima beans.  He loves liver and onions - well Yuck is all I can say.  He likes smelly bean soups -I won't go near them.  I like baked or broiled fish - mostly salmon but he really only likes haddock and for him fried is best.  Haddock is my least favorite fish and don't even care much for it baked or broiled.  He likes macaroni, potato and other such salads which I will never eat.  I like  light pasta dishes with just olive oil Italian seasoned sauteed tomatoes and he will only eat if he is really hungry and doesn't want to get himself something.  I could go on and on,  so often we cook seperately which many just don't understand!

Respected Contributor

He is not fussy, but prefers pork, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, salad with lots of ingredients and rye bread.

I don't care for a lot of meat, love mac and cheese, green beans, small salads, soups of all kinds, and dinner rolls.  

Honored Contributor

I'll tell you, there's not much of any food item that I don't like.  I'll give 99% of anything a try too. 

A couple of things that do come to mind that I don't/won't eat are raw oysters, fried clams.  I can't get past the sandy crunch in the latter and well, you can imagine why not in the first.

Trusted Contributor

He likes fish. I wish I did, but other than tuna salad and shrimp I don't have a taste for seafood. I like peas and lima beans, he doesn't. He drinks coffee and beer and I don't like either one. Other than that we like a lot of the same things. Oh, I just recently got him eating asparagus, he never like it before. Old dogs sometimes can learn new tricks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband likes anchovies, sardines, fish, seafood, spinach and rhubarb.  I do not touch any of them.   He loves country ham; I can tolerate a very small piece on a biscuit a few times a year.   As a child, my husband loved fresh milk straight from the cow; I grew up on a farm, and drank it every day, but hated it, and learned in my 30's that I am allergic to milk.   

I like turnips, rutabagas, parsnips, sweet potatoes, and cabbage.  My husband will only eat cabbage in cole slaw, not cooked.   I love liver; he will eat it once a year, but only one piece and needs a lot of steamed onions to go with it.

Thankfully we both like dried beans, meat and potatoes.   Neither of us are into fast food, altho a hamburger is my absolute favorite food.  I could eat a hamburger every single day, at any time of the day.  His favorite food that he can eat any time of day is eggs.   We are not salad people.