Esteemed Contributor

Re: Farmhouse Rules - She's not growing on me.

guess I'm the odd man out

I really liked her

Honored Contributor

I watched only part of one show but couldn't stay interested; she doesn't seem very camera-ready to me. But the food network doesn't have much that I enjoy anymore.

Valued Contributor

I'm not a fan of Heartland Table either. I want the old Saturday lineup back.

Super Contributor

Like the Minnesota lady much better.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the tasting and using the spoon again and double dipping. I saw her taste a punch or some such drink she was serving for dinner right off the ladle and stick it back in. You just don't do that with guests. I could maybe like some of the food she does, I like homestyle.

Honored Contributor

On 4/19/2014 MathisFan said:

Today was the first time I'd seen this show. I wasn't impressed. I think she's too impressed with herself. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Besides drinking out of the bottle then pouring it in the pan she also triple dipped with her spoon in the mac and cheese she was making.

Bring back Paula Deen!

LOL!!! I came back from a chore to watch tv and she was on and I was HORRIFIED to see her triple dip! That woman is just nasty. And SMUG! I changed channels. I agree with everything in the above about that woman! If she does these things on tv NO I wouldn't want to eat at her house! Yikes! Also I'd be afraid of the rust and enamel chips falling off that old kitchen stuff she uses.

BUT, I have no desire to watch rude/crude Paula ever again either.

I wish they would bring back some people who really know how to cook and are clean.

Super Contributor

I've been recording Lidia on our PBS channel each Saturday. She is such a pleasure to watch and she's a natural teacher. Each time I find myself wondering about something, she immediately explains it, as if she could hear what I was thinking. I grew up on Italian food, so it comes kind of naturally to me, though it's not my favorite cuisine. I'd welcome someone like Lidia who cooked more traditional American cuisine.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not see the double & triple dipping YUCK!

Regular Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority. I like the show & love Heartland Table.

Honored Contributor

Wow they really messed her up this season. I think either they are trying to change her or she read internet comments and is trying to not be annoying. Either way, she's trying too hard not to be herself and it's really stilted.

The editing is wierd, too. Very similar to Brunch at Bobby's where it comes off like frenetic cooking for 30 minutes.

It was hard to listen to.

I know Pioneer Woman needed a couple of seasons to warm up and relax and be herself. Hopefully Nancy will just relax and be herself and not try so hard to please everyone.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN