Honored Contributor

Re: Done with Non-stick. Do any really hold up with normal use?

BTW, I love stainless steel, but a quality stainless.... a light coat of Pam and no sticking. They clean exceptionally well and a little Bar Keeper's Friend to clean them and they look brand new again even if you had your flame too high.

I bought a $600 set of heavy, professional 18/20 Stainless Steel cookware about two years ago that were on sale for $149~!  Best pans I've ever had and I've had Stainless Steel before (from Costco)... no comparison.  I especially like Stainless because they DON'T have the non-stick coating and as I said before, a good Stainless pan cooks exceptionally well with little to no sticking and great clean up... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I bought a 12" Curtis Stone skillet and Curtis Stone 12" multipurpose pan and was not happy.  I threw away, and should have known better.

I've come to the conclusion, buying these pans from TV should be called "throw away" pans because they are cheaply made and don't last. 

I have a few Calphalon hard anodized that I've had nearly 10 years and they are still going strong.  Of course, I don't put in the dishwasher, (that's a killer).

Analon hard anodized is a close second to Calphalon.  

Valued Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

BTW, I love stainless steel, but a quality stainless.... a light coat of Pam and no sticking. They clean exceptionally well and a little Bar Keeper's Friend to clean them and they look brand new again even if you had your flame too high.

I bought a $600 set of heavy, professional 18/20 Stainless Steel cookware about two years ago that were on sale for $149~!  Best pans I've ever had and I've had Stainless Steel before (from Costco)... no comparison.  I especially like Stainless because they DON'T have the non-stick coating and as I said before, a good Stainless pan cooks exceptionally well with little to no sticking and great clean up... Woman LOL 

Hi Q,

Very true! I don't have problems with SS. I put soapy water in it as soon as I'm done cooking (it's usually still hot). Everything comes off. 

Wow! Great deal you got!

Honored Contributor

Calphalon is the best.  My skillets and one large dutch over are 3 years old and I don't have a scratch.  I know they don't make the same type as I have so I hope they last a long time.

Trusted Contributor

Although I don't have any pans from Curtis Stone, I did have a grill pan from Todd English when he first came out with hard anodized ceramic cookware (presented with Joy Mangano on HSN years ago).  After a while, the non stick was "non" existent and I threw it away - even bacon stuck to the pan. I have a Calphalon hard anodized square grill pan now that has a non stick speckled interior and it has been great so far. I have two sets of CE hard anodized ordered years ago.  The first set was much heavier gauge than the second set and eggs are beginning to stick even when butter is used in small amount.  Don't know what QVC would do - I'm certainly not going to pay for shipping them back.  I wonder if the non stick is better on their newer sets.

Trusted Contributor

I also have two sets of Technique hard anodized that were ordered years apart.  The first set was heavier gauge than the second but the newer set had pour spouts and different sized pieces.  The skillets are sticking now when cooking eggs even with butter. I'm very careful about using the right cooking utensils and washing them but the non stick is not holding up.  Guess I will contact QVC and see if they'll do anything with their "lifetime warranty".

I have a Calphalon square non stick grill pan that cooks great.

Honored Contributor

I have had success with Le Creuset.  However they are pricey & heavy.

Honored Contributor

I love my Caphalon skillets I got almost 3 years ago at BB&B they were in a two pack for $49.99. 10" & 8" I think is the size.

they are still non-stick (although I usually cook with a little butter) if doing eggs and olive oil never Pam.

i also wash by hand 

I think it's called "Simply Caphalon". I've been slowly replacing my Technique HA pieces (over 8 yrs old) with single pieces I've been finding at Marshalls or Home Goods.

Respected Contributor

I have had my Scanpan for two years and they are like new with daily use.

Contributor

Venezia,  I had to laugh when I read your post.  I deal with the same thing, fortunatley not too often.  DH apparently likes to cut food while it is cooking, and he did this with a sharp knife in a new non-stick skillet ( while I was not home).  I noticed it when I was drying it.  Of course I pointed this out to him, and he has now been officially trained on what he can and cannot do with the 2 non-stick pans I bought.