Trusted Contributor

Re: Don't you just hate it when you already have a piece and Tara comes oiut with something you like better?

I searched for a temptations breadbox & nothing came up. Does qvc carry it?
Valued Contributor

Re: Don't you just hate it when you already have a piece and Tara comes oiut with something you like better?

On 8/13/2014 Shelbybiskit said: I searched for a temptations breadbox & nothing came up. Does qvc carry it?

I didn't find it being offered for sale at QVC but on Tara's site both the OW (brought back from being "retired") pattern in 11 different colors to the new Floral Lace pattern, in 8 different colors. $36.98+shipping

Honored Contributor

On 8/13/2014 bluegrassbaby said:
On 8/13/2014 ivey said:

My I asked why you phrased the thread topic Don't You Just Hate It When You Already Have a Piece and Tara comes Out With Something Better?

So you could be judgmental and call other posters frivolous? I'm not understanding the purpose then. Yes, we hate it--but we decided we could purchase it.

I don't think that was the point here at all.

It may not have been the OP's original point, but it did give her the opportunity to trot out one of her constant themes in the forums -- frugality and how the rest of us are just spendthrifts.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Kelly, I'll go look there.
Trusted Contributor

Wow, that is a pretty bread box. If she had one in harvest, I would've ordered for sure.
Honored Contributor

You could donate the old one and treat yourself to the one you really like.

Honored Contributor

I am shocked at how many of you would just chuck out the one you already have - which has nothing wrong with it and just purchase a replacement. That kind of wastefulness is absolutely not in my nature.

Trusted Contributor

I would not want to hurt the feelings of the person who gave you the gift. If you had purchased it you could have given it to someone who would like it and then you could get the pattern you prefer. Your friend that gave it to you must have thought it would look nice in your kitchen.

Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 happy housewife said:

I am shocked at how many of you would just chuck out the one you already have - which has nothing wrong with it and just purchase a replacement. That kind of wastefulness is absolutely not in my nature.

Yes, many seem to feel differently about this than you do.

Evidently, many feel that a life well lived, money hard earned should be spent bringing some immediate personal happiness,(especially for the measly sum of $40!) It just depends on your priorities, after all, you personally have two homes, and many don't share that "frivolity" with you, do they? but YOU enjoy it-so, everyone has the things in their life which bring them joy, and especially as we age, we need to embrace those,and stop putting off "for another day" those things which will bring us happiness today...

Also, "wastefulness" is a subjective term- Remember, it is consumerism that keeps the economy moving- if no one ever upgraded ANYTHING, our economy would be in the tank, like it was a few years ago- It is only when people buy and producers produce, that we can hope to recover from such economic difficulties...

Honored Contributor

First - one of my two ""homes"" is a camper. Which is as economic as one could possibly be - and our other home is a villa - also pretty economical. Not that it's anyone here's business. I guess it doesn't dawn on anyone here that the reason we can afford two homes is because we don't waste perfectly useful things - like tossing this item and buying another just because we like the new style better. By the time you add S&H and tax that item would be almost $50 - I don't just throw away $50 on a whim and it makes me sad that so many of the posters here do.