Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone remember the poster Brabls?

Yes, she said she was an attorney and wheelchair bound.

She also said that she was an amputee who was an advocate for others with disabilities.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I remember and think of her frequently.  Her passing was a big loss to this community.  RIP, Brabls.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I was just thinking about her the other day.  

Honored Contributor

I also remember her.  I knew she had passed away, but didn't realize it was that long ago.

Respected Contributor

I miss her too...I have been wondering what happened to MOTHERBEAR, and Katherine W. 

Respected Contributor

Yes I remember her and think of her often. She had a wretched autoimmune disease that took bits and pieces of her... fingers, toes, feet, legs and she was getting ready for an above the knee amputation. She had purchased a new Kindle to have during her post op recovery time. The surgery was delayed because they found a vascular issue and wanted to do some additional testing. She was disappointed and wanted to get on with it because she was getting married. There were discussions here about the type of dress that would be flattering in a wheelchair. It was the saddest thing and she was unforgettable.

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

To the person whose post was removed for citing her name...I couldn't remember her name exactly, but it was easy enough to find.  I was surprised to see she's been gone for 4 years.  It feels like 10.  I always wanted her to publish her book of recipes that she was working on, so I could buy it!  

Thank you everyone for jumping in.  It's nice to know she's still remembered.  She was really an amazing woman.  Heart

i had my post removed because it contained her name.

where did i get that post? i got it right from the qvc boards from a few years ago.

if you search the name BRABLS on the qvc forums, you should be able to find the same post......which does contain her full name.

there are a lot of sweet memories on a legacy page from qvc posters who used their posting name.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

it was posted on these boards about a month after she passed away.

i just did a copy and paste of something that was already on here.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's nice to know we live on in perpetuity on the boards. I think that happened before the  revamp.  She was a great person and contributed to the boards in positive ways.  I miss her.