Trusted Contributor

Does Anyone Here Own a "Flip Pan"?

I bought the big one a few weeks ago, and it's still in the box.  Want to know if you love it?  I am considering the recipe book, but would love to hear your thoughts before I spend more money.  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Here Own a "Flip Pan"?

I bought one about a year ago and never used it.

Boop

Honored Contributor

No, I have a spatula that costs much less and takes up a lot less space. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Check out the flip,pan Facebook page..so many devotees and great recipes and camraderie..Debra Murray is there a lot...she is hoot!..

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

I bought the big one a few weeks ago, and it's still in the box.  Want to know if you love it?  I am considering the recipe book, but would love to hear your thoughts before I spend more money.  Thank you.

You needed yours like I needed mine.  I've had it a couple months but have never used it.  Just a useless gimmick,I guess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They sure are good at convincing people that they absolutely positively MUST have stuff that they don't even need and will just end up in the pile one day!

I've been flipping stuff for decades.  It's really quite easy.  Smiley Wink   I'm pretty good at it, if I don't mind saying myself.  I can turn stuff over in any pan and don't end up with both sides of a pan all scuffed up either.

Respected Contributor

CB, the thing so many like about this is not just the "flip" feature, but when it is closed and locked, it acts like a "light"  pressure cooker as well..and can also "slow cook"- sure there are other pans that do this, but there are other things that do EVERYTHING..I mean, I am perfectly happy using my empty Hillshire farms meat contianers insted of lock and lock....LOL!

Respected Contributor

I purchased the 10" round one about a month ago and it is wonderful . I agree with Mothertucker about the light pressure cooker detail. IMO & DH's it keeps a lot more moisture in . I loved using something on the stove top that made crispy garlic toast  this summer without turning on the oven. Everyone has to decide if something is worthwhile to them of course, but I do not feel duped in any way by purchasing this. The FB page is helpful for recipes and advice. I did not purchase the cookbook.

Can one put a meal on the table without one--sure but it is useful for kp duty. 

Can one live without L&L --of course but personally I like as much of it in my kitchen as I can have. There is a  is a vast difference when L&L is dropped and the little cheaper  containers that make the cost worth it to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one from Williams Sonoma a few years ago.  I returned it after using it for one meal. 

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I don't regret buying it - my pans are in pretty bad shape and I really don't cook much these days.  I'm hoping to try it for one pot type meals that will be healthy and quick with easy clean up.  I work long hours and don't always do the right thing as far as food when I'm exhausted.  I'm also vegetarian so meals should be pretty easy.  My 80 year old motner is coming for the holiday season and I will need to cook meals during her stay so hopefully this will serve the purpose it was purchased for.  I printed out the pasta puttanesca recipe which looks absolutely YUMMY!