Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Have A Good Stir Fry Recipe?

I'd love to have a new stir fry recipe.  They're such a great way for using vegetables!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have A Good Stir Fry Recipe?

Me too.   Waiting..... 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

http://thewoksoflife.com/2016/08/chicken-lo-mein/

Here is a recipe for chicken Lo-Mein. You can subtitute Lo Mein with thin spaghetti noodles.  And you can add more vegetables to it, such as snow peas, sugar snap peas, red bell pepper, celery or cabbage.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mmm... a fragrant, savory, velvety Asian-style brown sauce... 

http://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/chinese-vegetable-stir-fry.html

Chinese Vegetable Stir-Fry

4.5 stars based on 11 votes

Asian-Vegetable-Stir-Fry

Servings: 4 

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes

Ingredients

• 1/3 cup soy sauce (use low-sodium or gluten-free if needed)
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
  • 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 pound broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets (or 3/4 pound florets)
  • 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white/light green and dark green parts separated
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger

Instructions

1. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, water, dry sherry, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and dry mustard together. Set aside.
  2. In a large nonstick skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a rapid boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Strain the broccoli in a colander and then run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside and allow to fully drain.
  3. Wipe the skillet dry. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat over high heat. Add the shiitake mushrooms and red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, until the mushrooms are browned and the peppers are softened. Add the garlic, white/light green scallions, and ginger; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return the broccoli to the pan and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. Add the reserved sauce. Toss and cook until the sauce is thickened and the vegetables are evenly coated, about 30 seconds. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with dark green scallions. Serve with rice, if desired.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how you do it, but I just cook it up with shoyu, fresh ginger, and hoisin.  Any house ingredient, leftover, etc, will do - and then especially with a medium grain rice, it is good.  Of course a good-looking color combination makes it better.

I have recently cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts in a bean crock 'til they were fork tender, with sweet white onions, and soy, then used the broth as a gravy to which I added the ginger and hoisin, and gotten many different meal variations.  I even used some of the "gravy" in a strip steak braise and it was lovely.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I can (am able) to cook just about anything.   But, since I have retired, "stir-fry" means a scrambled egg....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Mmm... a fragrant, savory, velvety Asian-style brown sauce... 

http://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/chinese-vegetable-stir-fry.html

Chinese Vegetable Stir-Fry

4.5 stars based on 11 votes

Asian-Vegetable-Stir-Fry

Servings: 4 

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes

Ingredients

• 1/3 cup soy sauce (use low-sodium or gluten-free if needed)
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
  • 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 pound broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets (or 3/4 pound florets)
  • 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white/light green and dark green parts separated
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger

Instructions

1. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, water, dry sherry, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and dry mustard together. Set aside.
  2. In a large nonstick skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a rapid boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Strain the broccoli in a colander and then run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside and allow to fully drain.
  3. Wipe the skillet dry. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat over high heat. Add the shiitake mushrooms and red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, until the mushrooms are browned and the peppers are softened. Add the garlic, white/light green scallions, and ginger; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return the broccoli to the pan and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. Add the reserved sauce. Toss and cook until the sauce is thickened and the vegetables are evenly coated, about 30 seconds. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with dark green scallions. Serve with rice, if desired.

We do basically this recipe--but often with bok choy or asian cabbage, sometimes leeks, carrots, shrimp, whatever we have!  We also use Bristol Cream Sherry and skip the sugar.  It's easy and the taste is great.  Stir fry is very often on the menu at our house.