Esteemed Contributor

Do you use your soup tureen?

I actually have 2 of them....but other than a decoration for the kitchen, I have never used them.........

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use your soup tureen?

i have several, in different sizes, and for different times of the year. i definitely use them. i enjoy serving soups, especially as the weather gets colder, but i have also used them for foods like mashed potatoes or vegetables. they also work well for stews.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gave mine to a lovely friend whose husband was starting a restaurant.

When I serve soup, I use a good looking 4 qt crock pot. Everyone I serve wants soup to be SUPER HOT.

Trusted Contributor

I gave 2 away a long time ago.  I still have the one my MIL used, it's Rosenthal, so I won't get rid of it, but it's just in the china cabinet.

Honored Contributor

I don't own one because I know it wouldn't be used. I almost caved earlier this month and nearly bought the Temp-tations pumpkin shaped soup tureen because it's so beautiful, but I realized it wouldn't be a good investment for me. I'm not suddenly going to change my lifestyle and start throwing dinner parties because I buy a soup tureen. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have one I received as a gift a long time ago. I use it occasionally when I have many guests as it is a huge soup tureen. Otherwise I literally boil soup on the stove and then go right to our bowls at the table to fill them up since we love really hot soup in the fall/winter months. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had two that were gifts years ago. They took up so much room and I never used them, gave them to Goodwill.

Honored Contributor

I don't use mine.  I received a huge, beautiful tureen from DH's aunt as a shower or wedding gift.   I never used it even once so I gave it away to someone who admired it at one time.  Many years later, when I began collecting Longaberger pottery, I thought I needed every piece that came down the pike.  I bought a beautiful tureen set that included a platter and ladle.  It's been a display piece on my china hutch for many year.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have one, part of my Lenox china.

I've considered parting with it on eBay but just can't bring myself to break up the set. Holds about a gallon, so not terribly huge.

As another poster said I use mine for pasta/rigatoni, spaghetti, hot potato dishes for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

I have an antique soup tureen that belonged to my MILs good friend.  I do not use it for soup, but keep it stored in a safe area to avoid possible damage.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~