Honored Contributor

Re: Do you prepare dishes that you won't eat?

On 7/19/2014 Sabatini2 said:

Well, I don't like salmon, butternut squash, or cantaloupe, but will prepare it for others.

I think I don't like orange foods. Though I do like carrots & oranges! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I love salmon and cantaloupe, LOL. I don't like carrots and I don't eat oranges. I do like orange peppers and salmon and melon and zucchini.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

I don't care for cheese cake-my family thinks I make a great one so I make it for holidays and my one Grandson's birthday.

Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 winamac1 said:
On 7/19/2014 Sabatini2 said:

Well, I don't like salmon, butternut squash, or cantaloupe, but will prepare it for others.

I think I don't like orange foods. Though I do like carrots & oranges! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I love salmon and cantaloupe, LOL. I don't like carrots and I don't eat oranges. I do like orange peppers and salmon and melon and zucchini.

Haha! The perfect roomie. No one would steal each other's food! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} But I might swipe the zucchini.

Super Contributor

No...

Super Contributor

Hmm. Yes, I was a vegetarian for a lot of years, but would cook meat for others on occasion. No problem!

Respected Contributor

No, I haven't had to do that yet.

I have a friend who has severe reactions to all fats, as well as onions, garlic, pepper.

She has to cook two different versions of every meal. One for herself and one for everyone else in her family.

I would think that would be hard, but she does it.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I don't eat meat or mashed potatoes, but I cook both for others. There are things I won't cook or eat, however, like most canned vegetables and most fried things.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely. I especially like baking things that I won't eat.. saves calories. My husband loves all things chocolate and I don't, so if I bake chocolate things I'm safe from it.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Ew, don't buy the canned salmon! I buy the salmon in the foil pouches - no messy bones to pick out. Yes it costs more but it's worth a little extra to me.

Respected Contributor

Well, the recipe called for a can of salmon. What did I know? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Everyone who tried it loved the mousse, though.