Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Cook In An Apiron?

@house_cat wrote:

I have several of these.

Admittedly, they are not stylish, but they are very practical.

24f68ba01ef1e6188e9cf96da0684d24.jpg

@house_cat These are great for cleaning in, too!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

My husband is the chef in our family, and he does not wear an apron. I do not wear an apron when I am cleaning or eating.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I don't even have one but I never fry anything either.  

Honored Contributor

NO!  I COOK IN A POT, PAN, OR SKILLET!  Woman Wink

Actually I have a lot of Williams-Sonoma aprons and do wear them often, especially when I'm cooking big batches of things to freeze.  AND, I have a big collection of old aprons from my aunt--many hand made, some for holidays, and some from real feed sack material.

Honored Contributor

I don't even own an apron. I never have. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

DH does most of the day to day meals at our house & I do the baking. I love to wear my aprons as they belonged to my Mother. I have a couple that a friend gave me, but my vintage ones are what I wear the most (i have 2 bib aprons & 3 half aprons). I cherish them.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I don't even own an apron. I never have. 

I've worn an apron only once, and that was when I dressed up as Martha Stewart for Halloween a few years ago.  I still have that apron and it's kind of cute, but I've never felt the need to wear it for actual cooking.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, my husband does not notice what I wear, but always notices if I have apron on.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG   YEP.....I'm an apron wearer.  After years of ruining various professional office clothing (rushing to get dinner on the table after work) and getting stains on favorite shirts/t-shirts, started to wear them.  Over the years, I like to find neat ones when we travel.  Bought several when we've been to Europe.  Easy souvenir to pack in limited space/weight suitcase.  Love putting on an apron purchased from France or Prague when cooking in my humble kitchen...feel so fancy!  hahaha

Honored Contributor

No, but I should.