Esteemed Contributor

Did you eat anything new

[ Edited ]

or was Thanksgiving meals your old favorites? 

I had never eaten a Creamed Onion Casserole.  Never heard of one but it was delicious!

It was the tiny pearl onions in a sauce with a breadcrumb topping.   I've requested the recipe.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did you eat anything new

I'm not much of an experimenter.  I had the old favorites.

Honored Contributor

GCR18 wrote:

I'm not much of an experimenter.  I had the old favorites.

Same here.  I'm very much NOT food-adventurous.  I cook all of it, so I made the same stuff I usually do.  Since the husband loves these dishes, I'm happy with it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I tried three new dishes this year and they were all a hit.  Wild Rice, Bacon and Apple stuffing, Corn Pudding (especially delish), and Sweet Potatoe Casserole.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Wild Mushroom Crostini with Herbed Goat Cheese

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills wrote:

or was Thanksgiving meals your old favorites? 

I had never eaten a Creamed Onion Casserole.  Never heard of one but it was delicious!

It was the tiny pearl onions in a sauce with a breadcrumb topping.   I've requested the recipe.

@Zhills this sounds delicious and I just Googled two good recipes but if it isn't too much trouble would you mind posting your recipe please?

Thank you!

Super Contributor

I ate at a friend's house. One of the dishes served was a sweet potato casserole.  I only know that it was topped with brown sugar, bananas and pecans.  This is not the exact recipe.  It was very good but much too sweet for me. If that makes any sense.  It could have been called dessert. LOL.  The rest of the food was traditional and delicious!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I had brined turkey and it was very good, SonIL made it,  I was so surprised he even knew about it.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

Mama Mia wrote:

Yes, I had brined turkey and it was very good, SonIL made it,  I was so surprised he even knew about it.

mm

Love that!  I've been brining for several years now and, as much as sometimes I'd like to lighten up my workload, I cannot see myself going back.

I was just telling my husband yesterday that I've heard/read some folks saying that it makes the turkey salty.  He said 'well, yours is never the least bit salty'.    I said 'I know!'.  hehe Smiley Happy    Ya just rinse it really well and it's not all about the salt, anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had a "cooked" turkey and that was how it tasted, just cooked turkey......not yummy!

I didn't cook it!