Honored Contributor

my time today.

Central time

Honored Contributor

I love it when I come home from work and he's on my TV!!

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy David, but I wish he would do less of the constant updating of colors.  Other than that, he's really a great host.  So personable.

Regular Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I really enjoy David, but I wish he would do less of the constant updating of colors.  Other than that, he's really a great host.  So personable.

What gets me is how focused he is when it comes to a sold out color. If a color sells out, he must take the time to stop and remove it from the display as if not doing so will cause some major shift in the rotation of the earth. Really? The people who call in and order or purchase online are sure to get an updated quantity list. Maybe it is just a pet peeve of mine.

Honored Contributor

@ULY wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

What gets me is how focused he is when it comes to a sold out color. If a color sells out, he must take the time to stop and remove it from the display as if not doing so will cause some major shift in the rotation of the earth. Really? The people who call in and order or purchase online are sure to get an updated quantity list. Maybe it is just a pet peeve of mine.

He does it to kill time. Especially with the tapping of the colors. Less time he has to think of something to say about the same old products.

Respected Contributor

I don't think a lot of you get it - David does not make the rules.  QVC management does!!  David could probably care less if all the colors are there or not; however, I have been watching QVC since it's beginning and the sold out colors are ALWAYS removed.

If a person just turns on their TV and, for example, sees a mixer is there in red, they may call up and find it is sold out.  Then they will question why it is being shown in that color if it is not for sale. 

The sold out color is removed so as not to confuse the home shopper.  This is not difficult to understand.

All these complaints are pitiful.  David does not own QVC.  David reports to QVC Management.  They tell him to get the color off the table of items for sale.  It's really quite simple.   Stop dreaming up your absurd reasoning as to why every host does what they do.  It is called QVC Management.

Honored Contributor

I've read several articles that highlight that the phone lines explode when David recaps what colors are limited as folks want to get their specific color.  To be honest, it must be a small break for him to recap colors and quantities as they have him selling the same items over and over again.  I give him credit for his presentations as I see so few new, exciting things on QVC these days, I know I couldn't do it.

Regular Contributor

Re: David on at 5

[ Edited ]

@hellodali wrote:

I don't think a lot of you get it - David does not make the rules.  QVC management does!!  David could probably care less if all the colors are there or not; however, I have been watching QVC since it's beginning and the sold out colors are ALWAYS removed.

In your opinion, do you believe management tells this man to act more over-the-top compared with other hosts?

Respected Contributor

@ULY wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

In your opinion, do you believe management tells this man to act more over-the-top compared with other hosts?

ALL hosts remove sold out colors ....it is policy on all shopping networks..To not remove them would be deceiving to the public..Almost every show on every shopping channel does this, whether it be clothing, jewelry, towels etc...

Respected Contributor

@ULY wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

Yes..because it is good for business..More likely, though, they just picked an "over the top" guy for this show....cause he is the top seller on the entire network...