Contributor

Re: DO I REALLY NEED STAINLESS STEEL MIXING BOWLS

My mother gave me Vollrath stainless steel bowls 54 years ago, I'm still using them

today, I love them and think of her everytime I use them! There the best you can get! 

Valued Contributor

Just don't put them in the microwave, lol.

Honored Contributor

Other than my Kitchen Aid mixer bowl, I have only one other stainless steel bowl, and I use it when I use my hand mixer. 

I don't like to use a mixer with any other kind of bowl. Ceramic scratches, glass scratches plastic scratches and makes the bowls very unsightly (and with the plastic, I always wonder if it is getting in the food). 

I don't care for the look of stainless steel bowls for serving and I really don't use them for anything but when using a mixer, but I really feel I need them for that.

Trusted Contributor

I look for ones made in India rather than China--they tend to be better quality.

Valued Contributor

I have a set of Bobby Flay stainless bowls and I use them a lot. They have silicone bottoms.  Got them at Kohls when they were on sale and I had a 30% off coupon.

Honored Contributor

Got Food Network bowls at B&B with 20% off . Couldn't get Puck's they flew out the door to fast and didn't want to wait. LOL pretty much the same.

Edge is better on Puck's is all.