Honored Contributor

Re: Curious, any big Alton Brown followers? Do you use his recipes?

On 11/18/2014 PamelaSue72 said:
On 11/18/2014 qualitygal said:

I wonder if he did a cookbook or two on "Good Eats". I'll have to check it out. Thanks again.

He has three books based on Good Eats: The Early Years, The Middle Years, and The Later Years. In the first book, the book jacket is actually a large poster-size print! It looks like the print from a movie release with the characters and film pictures. AB is using a stethoscope to listen to an egg. I took the print down to Michael's to have it ironed out to get rid of the folds, then I had it framed. It's in my office at work. You would not believe the people who have seen the poster and commented on how much they enjoyed watching AB.

You can get all three, probably on Amazon, in one set.

Vamp, I really liked the guy, so meeting him was a great experience.

Thanks a lot! I'll be checking on those.

Regular Contributor

Yes, used to watch "Good Eats" back when Emeril still had his show on too. It's because of "Good Eats" that I started to Brine my T-Day turkey. But I no longer cook it on the grill like it was done on the show, not that there was a problem, just switched back to the oven.

Honored Contributor

Hate the competition shows but LOVE Good Eats. Every recipe I have made of his never failed! I use the turkey brine, coconut cake, and many of his pancake recipes. His flat chicken recipe is a standard in our home. Mainly I use his techniques and cooking hints! I learned a

lot about spices and I never froze butter before his shows. Highly educational and fun.

One thing I hate is when he smacked his food, making those slurping and smacking noieses as he sampled his food at the end. Makes me sick! But I do love his shows

Hey Alton..  Just watched your ITKWD segment. Next time show more repect for your host. You came accross disinterested and arrogent. Maybe you should stick to Food Channel.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked his "Good Eats" shows and I agree about the green bean casserole....very good!!

Respected Contributor

His brined turkey recipe is the sine qua non of Thanksgiving turkeys and probably the single reason for the increase in brining fowl in the US..

As far as being  "skinny chef" I can remember when he was not so skinny..He lost a lot of weight about 9 years ago...

My son went to see him in a live show in Reno and really enoyed it...

Honored Contributor

I LOVE Alton Brown and think he is hilarious! I love his shows but most especially, his new cut throat kitchen. Makes me laugh my head off. Have used a few of his recipes that are truly wonderful. I would love to see him in person.

Super Contributor

I was able to catch only the first half hour of yesterday's show.  So, I can't comment on anything past that.  However, during the part I did see, I saw Alton start eating fried chicken from the display, then wiping his mouth on David's apron.  I started laughing out loud!  :-)  I've enjoyed his Food Network shows over the years, especially, "Good Eats." 

Trusted Contributor

Loved his Good Eats show but can't stand Cutthroat Kitchen.   It is such a silly show and a waste of everyone's talent, AB's most of all. I was really hoping that we would be seeing him in some kind of educational show again this Fall but looks like it is just another absurd level of how to handicap chefs by way of ridiculous antics.

Am disappointed with Food Network in general.  Very few genuine cooking shows anymore it seems but loads of road trip shows.  Have always enjoyed Guy F's triple D show but how many copy cat shows are they going to produce?  Think I have seen at least 5 advertised for up coming release!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I wonder if he did a cookbook or two on ""Good Eats"". I'll have to check it out. Thanks again.

Yes, he did, three of them, The Early Years, The Middle Years and The Later Years.