Honored Contributor

i buy middle eastern/persian/small cucumbers......they are great because you can buy a bag or a wrapped package of 5 or 6 and use one at a time. the skins are thin and easily edible and there are virtually no seeds. they are also great for snacking. the rest go into a debbie meyers green bag.

https://thingsiloveattradejoes.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/photo27.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep

I agree w/ Lock and Lock.  I am shocked how much longer my peppers, onions and cukes last in L & L.

However, if I have a long seedless cuke...I only cut what I will use and leave the rest wrapped in the shrink wrap.

I then store it in foil!  Roll it up nice and seal the ends.

Really lasts long!  I also do that w/ my celery.  The foil trick really works!

Then I don't have to further expose them to air by cutting them down to fit L & L containers.

Esteemed Contributor

I will answer my own question now that I have done some experiments. Lock and Lock. Although, in full disclosure, I don't have the Lock and Lock brand, but the Hefty ones. I put my cucumbers in as soon as I bring them home from the store and keep them in until I use them all up.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein