Esteemed Contributor

I made a Sunday Pot Roast in my crock pot today!

I seasoned the 4 pound bottom roast with jalapeno salt and coarse pepper.  I chopped celery, onions and potatoes.  I lined the crock with a liner and added the ingredients plus some baby carrots.  An hour into cooking on low, I added some water and balsamic.

I got a little nervous because toward the end, the meat looked gray.  After I let it rest, it was nice and brown!

I made gravy from the jus and cornstarch.  The boys are starting to devour it now.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Sounds wonderful!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Hooray! I know you haven't been pleased with crock pot cooking results in the past, so I'm so happy to hear that you've had a big win!

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown  but Ms Honey B, it's Saturday...

Esteemed Contributor

@Kcubed wrote:

Sounds wonderful!!!!!!!

Very much so!

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Hooray! I know you haven't been pleased with crock pot cooking results in the past, so I'm so happy to hear that you've had a big win!

ChynnaB, that's an understatement. I have had more disasters than successes.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@HonnyBrown  but Ms Honey B, it's Saturday...

Exactly!  I thought I would need a back up plan.

Trusted Contributor

Ooh - jalapeno salt. I will have to look for that at the grocery store! Your recipe sounds yummy. I don't have an official Crock Pot but have a West Bend slow cooker so will use that instead. I'm getting hungry now...

Esteemed Contributor

babs, I got the jalapeno salt from an indie store.  Penzey's stopped carrying ground jalapeno, so I had to get my fix somewhere.

Since this was my first crock pot, I got the most basic model: off / low / /hi. It hasn't impressed me enough to buy a better model (or I'm not impressed because I don't have a better model.)

Frequent Contributor

Why did you feel the need to line the crockpot and what did you use to line it with?   I assume roasts have considerable liquid, so don't understand the need for a lined crockpot for a roast. 

I'm asking because 1-I'm curious and 2-I've also had many failures with crockpots, but not yet on roasts.