Trusted Contributor

Re: Cooks essentials temptation like bake/serveware

Temptations is coming out with many new products Tara has said recently so you might see new sets containing rectangles.

As far as the Cook's Essential set shown today, the dinnerware patterns are so busy, I can't imagine food looking good on them.

It would give me a headache.  I think solid centers with the pattern around the edges would be prettier IMO.  The bakeware set was okay but the loaf pan (1 qt.) is very small.  Temptations loaf pan is a 1.7 qt. which is a standard size.  I wonder how Tara feels about CE competing with her.  I also think some of Temptations prices are a little high for the quality.  I do have a  few sets that I ordered quite a while ago and have not had any issues. The first set I bought was in Old World Yellow (tells you how long ago it was). It has (1) 9X13 with lid it, (1) 7X11 with trivet, (2) 1.7 qt. loaf pans with trivets and (4) 10 oz. easy holds.

Racks and plastic lids included - I paid $49.95 as a TSV.

You couldn't touch that price today for all those pieces.  If I had known she was discontinuing the yellow, I would have ordered the blue as that is what I switched to.  Tara said long ago that yellow was going to be a seasonal color, but that never happened. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe both brands are made by the same bakeware company. They are the Q's brand.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the correction, it is Click & Close. I knew it was Click somrthing.

Honored Contributor

Evine showed a configuration like Temptations & CE stoneware.

I think it was a "set" also. Didn't pay much attention to the details.

As for Tara being annoyed she's probably is doing the "happy dance" and sold her concept (whatever it's called) to Q as CE for big $!  I seriously feel Temptations is being phased out - on a all day show they would have been on a lot more. I also see the 1 hr shows have been "replaced".

Q is looking for the next "big" kitchen item - and Le Crueset isn't "affordable" to all consumers even though it's a wonderful product even if they offer 10 ez pays!!!! Plus, it's very heavy w/o food in it!!

Honored Contributor

I have many, many TT sets but haven't bought any recently since I don't need them and I question their quality now.  The CE bakeware/serveware seemed "too busy" to me and I usually like patterns/florals.