Occasional Contributor

Cooks essentials temptation like bake/serveware

So cooks essentials now makes these ceramic serveware and cookware pieces. 

I have many pieces of temptations but I do think the on air presentation of the blue jean chef's pieces are pretty. I think they're pretty expensive though and not many color options. 

Maybe they're just getting their feet wet so to speak.

The dinnerware sets are pretty too.

they just ripped off temptations though. 

If you look at what's available there are very few options in temptations left in term s of rectangular pieces like lasagna trays etc.

anyone else notice this!? I was looking for sets for my daughter and that's how I noticed. 😟

Honored Contributor

Re: Cooks essentials temptation like bake/serveware

It is certainly less unattractive than the Temptations, but it's still Chinese-made stoneware so I'd keep that in mind.

Valued Contributor

My husband had me come and look at the set, take off of Temptations. I have noticed this on a few different items on the Q lately. Like Click and Click, hmm. I will stick with Lock & Lock and Temptations. To many items being copied. If I were Temptations and Lock & Lock, I would not be happy. 

Respected Contributor

I saw them aired today. A little competition for Temptations. I have one set of the Temptations, so don't need anymore and I have never had a problem with any piece and I use them constantly. I agree Temptations does a better color selection and patterns. It will be interesting to read the reviews and comparisons.

Respected Contributor

@De Anna wrote:

My husband had me come and look at the set, take off of Temptations. I have noticed this on a few different items on the Q lately. Like Click and Click, hmm. I will stick with Lock & Lock and Temptations. To many items being copied. If I were Temptations and Lock & Lock, I would not be happy. 

______

I agree with the majority of posts stating that the CE's seems to be a Temptation copy.  I've have not seen the Click and Click, but I have plenty of L n' L and I'm very happpy with all of the sets that I have.

Respected Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.14.45 PM.png

It will be interesting to see the reviews on this.  It appears to look a bit more sturdy with it's construction (lid) then the L n' L.

Honored Contributor

Every so often Q brings in a new line (usually very briefly) of something just like one of their bigger, more popular brands.  Think Lida Bastianich stoneware and the Blue Jean Chef stoneware that were out awhile back. Also the new locking containers (and it seems the crab cakes and steaks are being replaced with new brands(.

I think they do this for a couple of reasons. First they get people who don't like the staple brand (like the Temp-tations haters) and they want to offer something to get their sales. 

Also, I think they get a good buy on something and just run with it, knowing it won't last but will be profitable.

I thought today's bakeware was not very attractive, but it did look well made. The sizes in the set were perfect for a starter set or for a one time purchase, as they were three of the most used sizes. I didn't think the price was bad at all. Temp-tations cost has gotten pretty high for the quality.

Occasional Contributor

I'm very happy with lock and lock too. I have two sets. I wouldn't change.

Occasional Contributor

I didn't think the set of rectangular bakeware that the blue jean chef presented was cost conscious. They said it was four pieces and there were only three piece of ceramic. One of the pices was the 13 x 9 black holder.

they could have just said 7 pieces which would have included the lids.😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Every so often Q brings in a new line (usually very briefly) of something just like one of their bigger, more popular brands.  Think Lida Bastianich stoneware and the Blue Jean Chef stoneware that were out awhile back. Also the new locking containers (and it seems the crab cakes and steaks are being replaced with new brands(.

I think they do this for a couple of reasons. First they get people who don't like the staple brand (like the Temp-tations haters) and they want to offer something to get their sales. 

Also, I think they get a good buy on something and just run with it, knowing it won't last but will be profitable.

I thought today's bakeware was not very attractive, but it did look well made. The sizes in the set were perfect for a starter set or for a one time purchase, as they were three of the most used sizes. I didn't think the price was bad at all. Temp-tations cost has gotten pretty high for the quality.

Every piece of TT I owned cracked crazed or outright broke.

My Lidia set is still 100% in perfect condition. I also have the pasta set and love them all.

If this new CE set is like Lidia's, it should do well.

I'll pay more for something that will last.

I still use my mom's Fiestaware from the 50s...and older Harker pieces that I collect.

Quality over quantity!