Cooks Essentials model 99726 Pressure Cooker No pressure

[ Edited ]

I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I got this as a gift a few years ago tried it 3 times the pressure would never build so i threw it in a closet. I now want to figure it out as i hear such great things about pressure cookers but this is a dud. can anyone suggest a way to fix it or what i could be doing wrong. i refuse to buy another one if this is not a good brand. i can always buy another brand i guess.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials model 99726 Pressure Cooker No pressure

Is the lid on right, secured ? Have you read the insert booklet ?

Is the thing on the left set on the 'Pressure' setting

I would fill it half full of water first and read the booklet make sure the pressure setting is on 'pressure' and experiment with it

Honored Contributor

Can you hear pressure or steam escaping... a hiss?  There is a "floating" valve on top that must be pointing in the correct position or it allows all the steam to escape preventing pressure from building.   On most units you must set the function and the time,  then press "start". 

They're really very simple.   Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the front panel of your unit?   Do you have the instruction book? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Does the power come on; does the dial light up?   I have one pot where you must press very hard when you put the plug into the unit.   At first I thought it didn't work. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If  you were in my house, it would be due to the power coming and going.  But I do believe that I have over looked you if you are here, so I would say to clean your gasket.  When mine won't seal, it is usually that and I rub some olive oil on it to keep it limber.  Try that and see what happens.

Respected Contributor

I will say if this one is a dud, get the Instant Pot from the big A. It is wonderful and just works!