I am a fan of the Pot Sticks that are sold on QVC. I still cannot find the best way to cook them. Has anyone cooked them in an air fryer? if so how long

Trusted Contributor

@skinny25  I have made them in the airfryer.  I don't remember how long, I would just check them after about 5 minutes.  Are they frozen, if so, maybe a few more minutes for first check.

Does your fryer have a time setting for egg rolls, maybe you could try that?

New Contributor

After hearing Meredith  Laurence say "cook them at 400 F for 8 minutes", I haven't cooked them any other way...very crispy. I mix with a little olive oil to prevent sticking. She did say at one time not to use the commercial spray cooking oil because it could damage the nonstick surface.

Contributor

Those pot stickers are the best!

My favorite way to prepare them is to make "wonton" soup. Heat chicken/vegetable stock to a boil, add the pot stickers, and let them heat through. Throw in some scallions, soy sauce (if desired), and voila' - "wonton" soup. Better than takeout, good and good for you, and easy to put together. Can't ask for more than that! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@USAnn wrote:

Those pot stickers are the best!

My favorite way to prepare them is to make "wonton" soup. Heat chicken/vegetable stock to a boil, add the pot stickers, and let them heat through. Throw in some scallions, soy sauce (if desired), and voila' - "wonton" soup. Better than takeout, good and good for you, and easy to put together. Can't ask for more than that! Smiley Happy

One of my favorite dishes.  I also add some ginger and garlic to the broth.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

I make homemade pork pot stickers and I brown mine on one side in a little oil, I turn them over and then cover and simmer in a little bit of chicken broth.  I remove the lid and let the broth cook down until gone.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Respected Contributor
Chicagoan, I make mine a similar way. I brown them from frozen in a little olive oil. Then I cover them 1/4 up in water which acts to steam them. I hadnt thought of using chicken broth. That would probably add more flavor. I think I wont cover them 1/4 maybe a little less because I like mine crispier. Dont own an air fryer but that sounds like a good idea.