Honored Contributor

Cookies that Mary Beth liked during the L & L show yesterday?

I tried to look back and see if they had her video on from yesterday. I think it was a recipe of David's, but I wonder which one it was. I missed it. Choc with what looked like a white center. Not sure. Can anyone tell me?

Honored Contributor

Re: Cookies that Mary Beth liked during the L & L show yesterday?

I didn't see it, but you might check to see if they are some of the Cheryl's Cookies that Q sells (use search product function).

Super Contributor

They had mashed potatoes in them!! The Lock 'n Lock lady said that the recipe was on FB on David's and hers I think. I looked on David's.  Can't find it right now.

Esteemed Contributor

Are these what you are looking for:

http://www.qvc.com/KF_Recipes_LockNLock.content.html

You can go to QVC Recipes or host recipes in the search engine and in the column on the left, scroll down to Lock N Lock - Chris Pryme and you will see all her recipes there.  Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

They indicated that the recipes can be found by pulling up the page for the item and clicking on the recipe link.  There are seveal recipes available.

For the cookies requested by the OP, I believe this is the recipe:

COCONUT COOKIES

¾ cup mashed potatoes cooled

1 coconut

1 confectionary sugar

1 tsp almond extract

(if you want really special add ½ cup sliced almonds)

Mix together roll into one inch balls put on cookie sheet lined with wax paper and freeze I do day ahead of time

Melt:

2 cups chocolate chips with one Tablespoon shortening (I like to do this in my cooks essential 10 " fry pan because it is easier to roll the little coconut balls in)

Roll the coconut balls in choc and then put back in freezer

Once set up I put in my lock and lock containers and give as gifts

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies!!!

Contributor

KYToby,

I would like to make these but I have what may be a "dumb" question. Are the mashed potatoes used after the butter and milk and then mashed or mashed immediately after boiling before adding other ingredients? It would affect the texture i think. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

They indicated that the recipes can be found by pulling up the page for the item and clicking on the recipe link.  There are seveal recipes available.

For the cookies requested by the OP, I believe this is the recipe:

COCONUT COOKIES

¾ cup mashed potatoes cooled

1 coconut

1 confectionary sugar

1 tsp almond extract

(if you want really special add ½ cup sliced almonds)

Mix together roll into one inch balls put on cookie sheet lined with wax paper and freeze I do day ahead of time

Melt:

2 cups chocolate chips with one Tablespoon shortening (I like to do this in my cooks essential 10 " fry pan because it is easier to roll the little coconut balls in)

Roll the coconut balls in choc and then put back in freezer

Once set up I put in my lock and lock containers and give as gifts

Is that one CUP of coconut and one CUP of sugar?  Not being a smart a-- here, just an inexperienced cook/baker.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@AuntJudyQ wrote:

KYToby,

I would like to make these but I have what may be a "dumb" question. Are the mashed potatoes used after the butter and milk and then mashed or mashed immediately after boiling before adding other ingredients? It would affect the texture i think. 

my guess is is that it really should say "potatoes, mashed" in the ingredients, but maybe someone else can confirm that.

Coconut Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup mashed potatoes, cooled
1 lb bag coconut
1 lb bag Confectioners' sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips
1 Tbsp shortening

Directions:

Mix together mashed potatoes, coconut, sugar, almond extract, and sliced almonds. Roll into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper and freeze. This should be done a day ahead of time.

Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a 10" fry pan. Roll the coconut balls in chocolate and then put back in freezer.

Note: Put cookies in Lock & Lock containers and give as gifts.

Information provided by Christine Pryme.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I've had this recipe a very long time, but always referred to it as candy instead of a cookie.  The potatoes are best done with a hand masher, not whipped smooth with a mixer.   You do not want to season the potatoes; no butter, milk, or salt and pepper.   All the potato does is cut the sweetness of the confectionary sugar and coconut, and help firm the center.