Honored Contributor

Christopher Kimball's latest venture - why he's moving on.

Here's the article from the NY Times, telling of Christopher Kimball's latest venture and why he's leaving ATC.

Click here

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

Re: Christopher Kimball's latest venture - why he's moving on.

Will miss Chris.   Wish him well.

Trusted Contributor

"The investors want more money." <sigh>

Hubby and I watch those shows and I have several of their magazines and cookbooks. While I do think some of the recipes are overly complicated I have enjoyed many that I've made.

Anyway @house_catthanks for posting that link.I hadn't heard any rumbles about Chris Kimball being ousted or leaving so that was very eye-opening.

Honored Contributor

I'm thrilled to find out what CI and ATK will be without him. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

He left the show in Nov. 2015, he's been on Rachael Rays show a few times here and there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me, it always seemed like CI took recipes and made them unnecessarily complicated. There was a lot of extra effort, and the results weren't always worth it, to me. I also disliked the way Kimball zealously protected his content. That's his right, but it didn't make me like him.

I'm a big fan of Ina Garten. Her recipes are simple, easy to understand and to replicate. And she doesn't go after fans who post and discuss her recipes online. I joined a message board that shares and extols her recipes, and there was never any objection from her. It probably resulted in many more book sales! I own almost all of her cookbooks.

Martha Stewart also provides a lot of free content on the Internet. I find her recipes generally reliable.

Chris Kimball created Cooks Illustrated, and Cook's Country, and I give him credit for that. He explained the how and why of cooking, demystifying it for the home cook. I admire him for that. I wish him well in his new ventures. Maybe I'll even watch his new show.