Contributor

Re: Christmas cookie baking started today!

Thank you so much, mominohio, for your helpful suggestions! Looking forward to getting started with the baking and to continuing discussions with the lovely people in this forum! Happy Holidays!
Contributor

Thanks so much, Jaxs Mom!

Respected Contributor

I don't make my cookies until a week before Christmas.  I grew up in ND and I make Scandanavian cookies from my childhood.

Rosettes

Krumkakke

Snowballs

Sanbakkel

Pepperkakker

Gingersnaps

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

It really would help me out but I got an email from my son yesterday telling me to keep up my strength up and stay out.  I guess he wants as much as possible with no missing parts so to speak. 

In his mid thirties and still has to even still get a M&M candy cane from me every year at Christmas just like the ones in his stocking for decades growing up.  So my Thanksgiving fudge is no exception.

Thanks again for the assistance!!!!!!!!!  Gobble Gobble.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio

How about starting a Christmas Cookie and Candy thread in "Recipes," where favorite recipes could be shared?  I'd love to bring on board new ones this year and would appreciate it.  Yes, I could go to one of my dozens of cookbooks, but there's nothing like generational recipes made with love that have withstood the test of time.

My Michigan grandmother used to make white fudge made with egg whites and sugar, along with walnuts.  (This medication I'm on is messing with my memory and I cannot recall what this fudge is called.  I'd love a recipe for it, along with anyone's stellar toffee recipe.)

Super Contributor

Susan in California

I am working on my shopping now and then when I put my tree up (Sat after Thanksgiving) I can then concentrate on my baking.  I love to bake cookies and cakes.

i know what you mean.  All of my friends don't bake anything. Not even a box cake mix.  

I like to decorate cakes also ( still learning) I went to cake decorating classes and really enjoyed it. Plan on going to more classes after New Years.

Honored Contributor

When my girls were small, we always made sugar cookies on Christmas Eve.  They loved rolling the dough, using cookie cutters, and decorating the cookies, but this tradition stopped after junior high.   Outside of the one holiday dessert we decide on, I do not make any sweets for Christmas.   NO cookies, cakes, candy, dipped pretzels, etc. will be found in this house.   

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

don't know if I should say "thanks" or "oh no" because thanks to your post I decided to do a couple of cookie doughs of our fav cookies but now wondering who to give them too!

But, I do love to be in the kitchen so I made a birthday cake for a good friend. Chocolate buttercream icing with chocolate cake with strawberry filling. Oh the calories! But delicious!

image.jpeg

Super Contributor

Homedecor1

your cake looks so good.  Nice job.  Like I said previously, I like to bake.