Esteemed Contributor

Heard about this sauce 3 days ago on one of the morning shows.  I'm sure its not available in my rural community but (Surprise) it is available on Amazon so my very own 24oz jar arrived today.  We're going to try it first on pizza and then dumplings.  Anybody familiar with this stuff ( supposedly you can even use it on vanilla ice cream).

Honored Contributor

@patbz    Have no idea what chili crisp sauce is, but my one lifetime foray into canning was when I arrived home from vacation to find my husband had been to Arkansas and brought home numerous crates of tomatoes.  I sent him to buy jars and lids and we made chili sauce.  It was delicious but it wasn't crisp.  It was dreamy yummy with roast beef.

Please let us know how it tastes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@patbz @Kachina624  I had never heard of it either.. I just checked our Walmart and it's in stock in the Asian aisle... I'm gonna have to try it...thx..DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman   @patbz    I looked it up on Amazon and still have no clue what it is except that it appears to be Asian.

Respected Contributor

DH loves Chili Crisp.  We saw it on The Kitchen on the Food Network several months ago and we ordered on Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife    What's it like?  Is it a sauce and tomato based?

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I looked up the recipe on chilipeppermadnessdotcom...on how to make it...here are the ingredients:..it's basically an infused oil with fried bits of veggies etc..

Ingredients

• 1.5 cups vegetable oil or use peanut oil
  • 2 serrano peppers rough chopped
  • 1 shallot rough chopped
  • 10 cloves garlic rough chopped
  • 1 teaspoon black peppercorns or use Sichuan peppercorns
  • ¼ cup red chili flakes
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or use a Gochugaru seasoning blend, or cayenne for more heat
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce adds umami
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • ½ teaspoon msg optional - use sea salt as an alternative
  • OPTIONAL ADDITIONS for extra flavor
  • 1 3- inch cinnamon stick
  • 4 star anise pods
Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman    I'll pass.  Not my cup of tea.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a jar from Momofuku and tried it over pasta and used it in Asian recipes, it is tasty.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I've been very tempted to try it with bagels and cream cheese.  But I'm not sure which brand to purchase.