Super Contributor

Anyone recently purchase Cheryl's cookies?

Mine came this week and I brought a few to the office for co-workers.  Everyone loved them but I was told not to bring them again.  Even though they enjoyed them I was told they were terribly sweet (much to much sugar) and the calorie count was high...  So now I have a huge box of cookies that no one wants... In the meantime I have another office in my building and I just gave them a bunch.  Whether they like them or not it doesn't matter.  The remaining cookies at home will be put in the freezer so they don't spoil.  They will not be ordered again but if you have a very sweet tooth - go for it...

Honored Contributor

Something doesn't jive with 'everybody loved them' and then 'don't bring them again'.

I bet if I was told that, I wouldn't bring anything again. It would be one thing if no one was to partake, and they weren't popular, but what rude co workers to eat them up, then complain about them. 

No good deed goes unpunished.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I would never bring them again. GEESH so much for simple kindess.

I love her cookies.  I love the cookie part but the frosting does kick up the sweetness a bit. I think it was very kind of you to bring to your fellow workers.  You should eat them all up and the heck with everyone else.

Take care.

Super Contributor

Well my co-workers were not rude when they said not to bring them again.  I asked if anyone wanted another batch in another day and none of them wanted any cookies - too sweet and loads of calories.  I did not take it as an insult.  They were honest and thanked me for my generosity... Sorry my words came out the wrong way... So it was thanks but no thanks.... Like I said the remainder I will freeze for another time.. So be it..Not another order from me...

Respected Contributor

cookies are sweet?

some are more sweet than others?

ok

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor
A frosted sugar cookie is going to be sweet and laden with calories. Why would anyone think otherwise?

I do find Cheryl’s cookies to be very sweet but I enjoy them with coffee to offset some of the sweetness. I can see Cheryl’s plant out my office window in Westerville, OH and can often get them cheaper on QVC than walking across the street.
Respected Contributor

@hondagirl  I ordered a big box of them once, and everybody in the office loved them except me.  I thought they were way too sweet, and smaller than they looked on TV.  Also, mine were very dry (but soft)......like they weren't fresh.  The cookies I buy from my local grocery are much better at less than half the price.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I get the feeling that your co-workers said that they "loved" the cookies to be polite, but that the truth was they found the cookies too sweet.  If you brought the cookies again they wouldn't be eaten, and your co-workers don't want you wasting your money.

I have friends who bring store-bought frosted sugar cookies to a potluck we attend each month, and the cookies never get eaten, whereas, homemade chocolate chip type cookies get eaten quickly.  Those particular friends love super sweet desserts so I think they're happy to take the remaining cookies home.

Esteemed Contributor

The thick layer of frosting makes me change the channel - my stomach just rebels looking at those cookies.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Something doesn't jive with 'everybody loved them' and then 'don't bring them again'.

I bet if I was told that, I wouldn't bring anything again. It would be one thing if no one was to partake, and they weren't popular, but what rude co workers to eat them up, then complain about them. 

No good deed goes unpunished.

I must be the odd ball here.  I know very well these employees loved them.  The reason to me at least means they were so good, they just didn't want the extra sugar or the calories again any time soon.  Too much of a good tasting cookie they just don't want it to become a habit of getting them all the time.  Simple to figure out.  Very understandable and not rude at all..