Respected Contributor

For those interested in Cajun Cooking, I just heard that Chef Paul Prudhomme passed away at age 75.  A genuinely nice man and great cook.  He will be missed in our Louisiana culinary circles.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear that,  I did not know he was that old.

Boop

Honored Contributor

My condolences.  I wouldn't have said he was that old either.  He looks so young on his seasoning.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting us know. I didn't realize he was that age. He was a master chef for sure. I'm sure I've made some of his dishes. Perkup - did he have a restaurant down there? What street?

Honored Contributor

R.I.P.

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

That is so sad to hear. 

He was so much fun and an excellent chef !

Respected Contributor

Re: Chef Paul Prudhome

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. I didn't realize he was that age. He was a master chef for sure. I'm sure I've made some of his dishes. Perkup - did he have a restaurant down there? What street?

I have to plead ignorance here.  We're an hour away from New Orleans, and to be completely frank I do not go there. Last time I went was just post Katrina.  Too much crime - too many people being mugged, shot, etc.  And because of people "p"ing on the sidewalks, the French Quarter absolutely stinks IMHO.  I'm not a good rep for the city. There was a time - quite a while back - when he did have a restaurant, but I don't know now. He appears on our local PBS station each Saturday, as does Justin Wilson, another favorite of mine who is also deceased.  I'm glad there are filmed episodes to enjoy.

To make some of you happier, I removed the story. But if you could have been there and heard the belly laughs this brought out from everyone, including the Chef,  you would understand why it's a great memory for all of us.  At least he had a wonderful sense of humor - part of his charm.

Valued Contributor

Re: Chef Paul Prudhome

[ Edited ]

This post has been removed by QVC. Off topic. Looks like original post that got off topic was deleted by poster - cleaning up comments. That way we avoid any further misunderstandings and abuse reports! :-)

Honored Contributor

Oh no, may he rest in peace. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

K-Pauls is on Chartres St in the French Quarter of New Orleans. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval