Honored Contributor

Re: Can someone pls explain to me the difference between GreenPan and GreenLife pan or rec a good +

Paula Dean at Penny's. I love mine, and use them all the time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can someone pls explain to me the difference between GreenPan and GreenLife pan or rec a good +

Thank you for the T-fal recommendation.  I'm also in the market for an inexpensive, non-stick skillet.

Valued Contributor

At holiday time, I finally treated myself to a really good pan.  From Sur La Table (with coupon and sale) $120 from $299. CTQ Scanpan Everyday pan. Bigger than what you want, but they have sales on smaller pans  and it's titanium and ceramic - metal utensil safe.

One question - does your father use cooking spray like Pam? This particular manufacturer says not to use sprays as it causes too much carbon build up on the pan and it will not be non-stick. 

Respected Contributor

A T-Fal chicken fryer is my favorite "everything" pan.  It's large and deep - can use for soups, stews, sauce, chili, etc. as well as deep frying or pan frying, browning, etc.

Honored Contributor

Best ones are the aluminum on outside, non stick on inside at Sam's Club.

come in 8, 10, 12 in size.   Think they're called Bakers Choice.

He'll love them, easy clean up also. No waiting, no shp charges

Super Contributor

Thanks for the replies, so many great points. He does not use Pam nor any type of cookig spray. He uses butter or oil, or even sometimes Crisco (cringe). I have debated getting him a nice pan, especially when considering getting him 5+ cheap pans over the years, but he literally refuses the expensive brands. Curious old bird, he is!! 

Thanks again for the replies, in addition to the T-Fal, I will also check Sam's Club and Costco and Paula at JCPenney's. 

Super Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@msh8970,   a few years ago I  found some well made, heavy duty, non-stick, hard anodized exterior, with RIVITED HANDLES from  Wearever. They were an excellent value for the price.

I remember my mom having a couple Wearever pieces. Wow, I have not seen that brand in a long time. I will have to keep y eye out for this brand, as well, thank you (meant to add this in my previous post, brain fog today!!)!

Honored Contributor

I love Emeril's non stick stainless pans.  I keep a small one or two for eggs.  Some of the discount home stores have them often.