Honored Contributor

Can someone please walk me through wrapping a sandwich with wax paper and NO TAPE?

When I get a sandwich from the deli, it's wrapped tightly, no tape.

I can't seem to recreate it and the demos I've found online always require tape. The deli doesn't use tape.

Does anyone know the secret?

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: Can someone please walk me through wrapping a sandwich with wax paper and NO TAPE?

Is there some kind of food grade adhesive on one side of the wax paper that the deli uses?

Respected Contributor

Re: Can someone please walk me through wrapping a sandwich with wax paper and NO TAPE?

It is terrible quality, but there is a video for this on YouTube.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

This is a good illustration...I've gotten deli sandwiches folded like this. Heavy paper is key.

Respected Contributor

are you wrapping a sub type sandwich, or square bread? different tecniques.

Super Contributor

On 7/20/2014 sidsmom said:

This is a good illustration...I've gotten deli sandwiches folded like this. Heavy paper is key.

Looks almost like changing a diaper!

Honored Contributor

Omg… Sidsmom! That is the most awesome response I have ever gotten on these boards!

Thank you!

Did you draw it out yourself? I can't wait to try it. I'm packing the sandwiches for a girlfriends' picnic on Wednesday. I have to make sandwiches for 8 of us and didn't want to use baggies. I like wax paper or parchment paper so much better.

thanks, thanks, THANKS {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 7/20/2014 kittyloo said:

are you wrapping a sub type sandwich, or square bread? different tecniques.

I think I can do it with sub style bread.. the regular bread was confuddling me.

Thanks to all who responded. Smile

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 7/20/2014 IamMrsG said:

It is terrible quality, but there is a video for this on YouTube.

Thanks, Mrs. G ! I had seen this video and I tried one this way. It worked, but it was kind of awkward to do.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Wow. That is neat...I love technology. U R Magical!