Valued Contributor

love black tea . I used to drink Red Rose tea and grew up drinking that or king cole tea. Now I drink Barry's Irish tea from dublin . I like the black tea but you can buy the Golden tea , It is from Dublin but I get it at the supermarket . It comes in packages of 48 in little cloth [gauze type ]tea bags . I love it!

Cathy from Ma.

Super Contributor

I am a tea lover Heart

I mainly order online these days and favor loose tea (altho most places also offer sachets).

Through the years I have enjoyed Stash Tea, Mighty Leaf, Upton Tea Imports and Harney & Son the most.

My current favorite is Harney & Son.  They ship for free (no minimum) and most teas are available for a $2 sample!!!  That's how I found Chocolate and Mint tea...just the aroma of the tea totally relaxes me.

My tea mug...CameraZOOM-20190131110935663-1.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Soonerthanks for the suggestions I will look into some of those.

Trusted Contributor

there is a frieghrt damaged store near mew and they sell tea.  i am going to have to look into some of the brands that were named here.

i did get some tea from england there and it was wonderful.

also the tea from disneyland is great too.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I have to be careful of my caffiene intake . I usually have my two cups of coffee in the a.m. and regretfully use decaf products after that.  But when I do opt for tea a favorite is Bigelows Constant Comment black tea with orange pekoe.

@okaywitheasypay

Same here.

So I do a mug of regular black at breakfast, decaf green after 12:00 pm (fave is 'Bigelow Decaffeinated Green Tea with Pomegranate'), then caffeine-free chamomile (usually 'Bigelow Cozy Chamomile') in the evening.

If you've never tried it, green tea has extra healthy antioxidants, plus it's both mellow and refreshing.

Valued Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

I love tea and, besides coffee first thing in the morning, my drink of choice is tea!  I have discovered that I much prefer the English brands of black tea.  My favorite is Typhoo.  I can find it locally most of the time, but when I can't, I can also order via Amazon.  P&G Tips is also a really great English black tea.  It's sold in my local Publix.  I find the English brands to have much better flavor.  I find American black teas, like Lipton, to be weak and flavorless.  However, a very good American brand is from the Charleston Tea Plantation.  We went on vacation to Charleston, SC a couple of years ago and the only US tea plantation is located in the suburbs of Charleston.  The tea is exceptional but can only be ordered online or you can buy in the gift shop at the tea plantation.

I agree that English and Irish teas are the best, especially Bewley’s and Barry’s Gold blends. World Market carries Typhoo and Barry’s both.  Typhoo is my favorite to use when I make iced tea. 

Respected Contributor

My favorite black teas are Assams and Yunnans. I usually loose tea that I buy online at Upton Tea and Harvey Tea. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

My favorite black teas are Assams and Yunnans. I usually loose tea that I buy online at Upton Tea and Harvey Tea. 

@deeva. Which ones are your favorites?  I love the very rich malty Assams, but have not tried a new single estate one from Upton in a couple of years.  Any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

Harney & Sons Cranberry Autumn tea is the best!

Trusted Contributor

I have a cup of coffee, maybe 2,  first thing in the morning. After that I drink tea, matcha midday and after that, Lipton that I buy loose and make tea bags. It's my very favorite, though I've tried lots of others. I sometimes have a green tea or chai with hubby at night with goji berries in the bottom of the cup. Love tea.