Contributor

Re: Best air fryer consensus?

I have a Black and Decker brand and love it.  I purchased it for price and good reviews plus a one year warranty instead of the CE at the time.  I was going to buy the upcoming CE one because it was bigger and more powerful but why such short warranty?  If it doesn't have slots around the basket maybe they have determined it works better this way?  I don't know, I'm really hesitant to purchase for these reasons.  I wonder how the smaller CE are holding up?

Respected Contributor

@kiamom23 I am curious about the 60 day warranty on the upcoming (in Oct. TSV)1700 Cook's Essential one also. 2 months??

I will keep an eye on this post before I commit. I do feel I must buy one soon. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those that have mentioned warranties, please take this into consideration when making your selection.  As I said, my Cook's Companion just stopped dead after 9 months but they happily and quickly replaced it with no problems.

To be honest, I haven't had many appliances die on me so it was a surprise but I was so happy for the one year guarantee.

Respected Contributor

I have received and returned 5 air fryers and am currently waiting for number 6.

1)  Ordered the Cooks Essentials one when it was a TSV a few months ago.  Unpacked it, but decided it was too big for my small kitchen and returned it untried.

2)  Ordered Emeril's when it was the TSV a few weeks ago, but the basket release button did not work.  Returned it.

3)  Ordered a refurbished Phillips air fryer from Amazon, but there was only the basket and I had to order other items in order to use it which would have made it more expensive than a new one.  Returned it.

4) Ordered a new Phillips from Williams Sonoma, but the temperature could only be increased/decreased by 30 degrees and the basket was fairly heavy.  Returned it

5)  Ordered the Ming airfryer, but that little plastic thing on the handle was stuck.  Returned it.

6)  Ordered another Ming airfryer because I loved how light it was and because of all the positive reviews.  Have not received it yet, but if this one does not work out, I am going to cry. 

Respected Contributor

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I had Meredith's air fryer book before the second air fryer arrived.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

I have received and returned 5 air fryers and am currently waiting for number 6.

1)  Ordered the Cooks Essentials one when it was a TSV a few months ago.  Unpacked it, but decided it was too big for my small kitchen and returned it untried.

2)  Ordered Emeril's when it was the TSV a few weeks ago, but the basket release button did not work.  Returned it.

3)  Ordered a refurbished Phillips air fryer from Amazon, but there was only the basket and I had to order other items in order to use it which would have made it more expensive than a new one.  Returned it.

4) Ordered a new Phillips from Williams Sonoma, but the temperature could only be increased/decreased by 30 degrees and the basket was fairly heavy.  Returned it

5)  Ordered the Ming airfryer, but that little plastic thing on the handle was stuck.  Returned it.

6)  Ordered another Ming airfryer because I loved how light it was and because of all the positive reviews.  Have not received it yet, but if this one does not work out, I am going to cry. 

the ming fryer plastic thing on the handle seems like it does not work at first-read the directions in the booklet......I thought mine was broken too-there's a little trick to releasing it-you will love this fryer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Contributor

Info on upcoming larger CE air fryer is only 60 days.  That is concerning for sure!

Contributor

60 day Warranty that is!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for all the responses -- I'm now more confused than ever LOL!!  I will look at the Ming it's a higher wattage than the Emeril one I was looking at.

Does Meredith's book have "normal" foods in it?  Is it a good all around resource for cooking everyday items?

Respected Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

Does Meredith's book have "normal" foods in it?  Is it a good all around resource for cooking everyday items?

@In-x-s

I sincerely don't know what you mean about "normal" foods. Or everyday items?

However, the Q has a great video on the book, lots of sample recipes, and the description, all of which should give you an idea.

We are all so different on what is "normal." Does that include unhealthy foods? Normal in the south, or west? Vegetarian?