Honored Contributor

@msh8970 wrote:

I am looking to possibly get an air fryer. But am hesitant to order one from the Q due to shipping charges to and from, should it not work out for us, for whatever reason. 

What is a good brand..? Is there one I can get in a box store, or somewhere that has free shipping to and from..? Or is one on QVC really so awesome, that I do not need to worry about returning it? Ideally for this, I would like one from a big box store, so brand name would be nice or any rec's appreciated. 

@msh8970 I have a Cook's Companion from Evine that works great but when purchasing an air fryer pay attention to the warranty.  Mine has a full year warranty but others only have 30 days or so.  It's a nice appliance, I hope you enjoy yours!

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions and advice. I guess at the end of the day maybe there is not a ton of difference between them, sounds like for the most part everyone is pleased with the one they have. 

The main thing is I want to get one for Summer, so I can cook and not swelter in the kitchen, so I have a lot of time to decide and compare. Good advice about the warranties. 

Contributor

On number 3 AF over the past 3 years...Use it daily! Stay away from the mesh basket type unless you have a dishwasher! Hand cleaning is very hard to remove built up grease and after a year it got retired for a new AF. Buy big if you have a big family-size and high wattage is a must. Everything you cook is trial and error but you will learn to love it.  Remember this is a $100 appliance, so it's not gonna last for 4-5 years...Nothing is made like the old days! Besides next year there will be a new fad out and you'll be looking to buy something new!

Esteemed Contributor

I just pre-ordered  the Power XL which is the upcoming TSV. I've been debating these for a long time and finally bit the bullet.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

I got the T-Fal Acti-Fry many years ago and use it weekly.  One of the things I really like about it that I haven't seen in many of these air fryers they are now selling is that the cover is clear so you can see the food as it cooks.  If it ever bites the dust I will buy another. 

While I use it for many things, one of my favorite uses is for toasting nuts which I eat on a regular basis.

Valued Contributor

Re: Best Air Fryer?

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina wrote:

I've had the $79.00 Farberware air fryer from Walmart for about 9 months. Very happy with it. It has a 4.6 average rating with over 750 reviews. Walmart has a 90-day returnn policy.

I just bought the Farberware Air Fryer last weekend at Walmart.  I love this thing.  My husband is the one that wanted to purchase it and we have used it every day since we bought it.  He made pizza rolls,fist sticks, fries, onion rings and I cooked some skinless chicken strips and made chicken salad.  The part that I like even better than the great tasting food is the fact that there is very little smell.  I always hated the oily smell in the house for days whenever we deep fried something.  I plan on using this handy appliance a lot !!!!!!!

This one has a two year warranty.  As others have stated, watch out for the warranty details as some are only 60 days.