Regular Contributor

I have not used this  very many times so today thought I would make a cake....I never could get it to spray or act like it was suppose to.I called Bakers Joy and the connection was so bad I had to hang up......Read all the information online and of course my question was not there.....Date to exspire Sept 2018...Any of you use this I really liked it so had to use the old standared way shortning and flour greased pan.....

Trusted Contributor

Yes I use it and Pam bakes a baking spray also. Only down fall is you really wash pan well, a residue is left on pans. Metal pans more so than glass.

Honored Contributor

I have stopped using those cooking and baking sprays.

The overspray leaves a residue on the baking sheets that is impossible to get off and after a while the pans are just gross looking and sticky.  

Honored Contributor

I've used Baker's Joy in the past and found it to be a very good product.  It's a zillion times better than stuff like Pam.

But I don't find it at the grocery stores anymore.  Smiley Sad    I don't bake that often, anyway, so I just do the old 'fat and flour' thing myself.  But that's more hassle than just being able to spray it on and I won't buy Pam because it's kind of gross.

I had actually wondered if they stopped making Baker's Joy.  Glad to know it's still out there.

Sorry you had such a bad time trying to get help, though! Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I find Bakers Joy at WalMart in the baking section.  I like it – I use glass pans so it has not been a problem so far.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I've used it for years. I've never had an issue with it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Maybe just a bad can.

I use Bakers Joy exclusively, I have 2 cans in my cabinet now.

@pattiewaddle wrote:

I have not used this  very many times so today thought I would make a cake....I never could get it to spray or act like it was suppose to.I called Bakers Joy and the connection was so bad I had to hang up......Read all the information online and of course my question was not there.....Date to exspire Sept 2018...Any of you use this I really liked it so had to use the old standared way shortning and flour greased pan.....

Honored Contributor

I bought it to use on my bundt pan, which has a lot of intricate nooks and crannies. It worked well, but I guess I don't use it often enough, because the last time I tried, it sprayed out all clumpy and messy.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I cook fat-free whenever possible. And when baking I only use Pam and Bakers Joy. I've never had any residue left on pans after washing in my dishwasher. This stuff is a miracle as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't live without it! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Wilton makes a non stick spray and it works great.  No residue and cakes, muffins, breads, etc just fall out of the pans.  You can get it at Michaels or JoAnn.