Respected Contributor

August 9 Today is NATIONAL RICE PUDDING DAY T&T recipe to try YUMMY

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/creamy-rice-pudding/detail.aspx

This is my go to recipe. It is so good. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Over 3224 reviews !!!!

Contributor

Re: August 9 Today is NATIONAL RICE PUDDING DAY T&T recipe to try YUMMY

Don't care for rice pudding, it is more the texture than the taste that bothers me. Will have to skip today. Perhaps I shall celebrate oyster day again. Smile

Respected Contributor

Re: August 9 Today is NATIONAL RICE PUDDING DAY T&T recipe to try YUMMY

I love rice pudding and I have made this recipe before. For a change, sometimes I add dried cherries or blueberries.

I have a question for fellow rice pudding lovers who are of Greek heritage. Here in Florida, we are lucky to have a sizeable Greek population. If you love Greek food and culture, be sure to visit Tarpon Springs. One of my favorite desserts served in all of the restaurants is rice pudding, but it's not like rice pudding I have had anywhere else...and here is where description fails me. It tastes as if the milk has been evaporated, but make no mistake: this is not the canned stuff. It tastes so fresh and creamy and I have tried a million recipes but I just can't nail this one. If anybody has any recipes, I would be thrilled out of my mind.

Thanks,

Poodlepet