Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have a Blanco silgranite kitchen sink?

[ Edited ]

Sam96....my backsplash are the glass tiles, with varying shades of cream, golden brown.  Looks awesome against my honey oak cabinets (wish I could replace them, but the glass tiles give it a great look).  Oh, and my kitchen color is a bluish green color...it actually one of the color shades in the peacock verde granite I am going to have installed....I used Benjamin Moore Covington blue, 75 percent of that color.  It's a beautiful color, and I get many compliments on it.

i like contrast, and I just may go with the biscotti sink.  And I also am getting the full single sink.

I knew I could count on my friends from this forum!  Thank you again!

Valued Contributor

With those tones of backsplash and your cabinets and paint color choices, I'm not surprised you're leaning toward the biscotti on the sink!  It should look beautiful with the dark granite and help bring out the golden mica!

I like contrast too, as too much monotone can be overwhelming if not done just right!

Contributor

I have had the Super Single sink in Bronze for over 5 years and it is the best sink ever!  I would never go back to a double sink.

Trusted Contributor

This:  http://www.blanco-germany.com/en_us/en_us/sinks/product_catalog/sink.html?sid=1268740597470_14182158...

I will never, EVER go back to a double sink. EVER. I can put a turkey roaster in this sink and have enough room. I can put my large cookie sheets in this sink. It is wonderful to keep clean. 

You will not be sorry.

Valued Contributor

I've had the single bowl version of this sink for years now. LOVE it for the roominess and so easy to clean.

Enjoy your new kitchen!!

Occasional Visitor

Why not just have the entire kitchen redone? Then get stainless steel appliances! R u going to get one of those built in soap dispensers?
Contributor

I have the large Blanco Sink(26 x 16). Love it.The only thing I can stongly recommend is to buy the bottom Grid that matches it. I didn't purchase it when I got my sink. I do a lot of cakes and pans have put a few chips in the bottom of sink. If I would of had the Grid from the beginning that would'nt of happened. I know the Gri is expensive but it is well worth it. Purchased it from Amazon. If I was to do my kitchen all over again I would have another Blanco Sink put in. I disinfect it everyday with Clorox Cleanup. Doesn't hurt it at all.

Super Contributor

Ordered my single sink and faucet yesterday, as well as the soap dispenser.....got the sink in biscotti....love the color!  Thank you to all who responded to me!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Loveac

My 'cinder' sink was installed this afternoon.  HeartHeartHeart  

Best of luck with yours.  

Edited to add:  A word of caution: Be careful with your sink and/or hubby around it, Loveac.  Mine just dropped his coffee cup into the bowl, and chipped it.  Woman Mad   

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Loveac

My 'cinder' sink was installed this afternoon.  HeartHeartHeart  

Best of luck with yours.  

Edited to add:  A word of caution: Be careful with your sink and/or hubby around it, Loveac.  Mine just dropped his coffee cup into the bowl, and chipped it.  Woman Mad   

@Loveac  I thought I'd give you an update on our chipped Blanco silgranit sink.  I contacted the company to inquire how to repair it, and even though we accepted responsibility for it, Blanco offered us a free replacement!  

As appreciative as we were for the offer, we just didn't feel right about it, so opted to try to repair it ourselves.  Online instructions said to fill the chip with epoxy.  DH had a product in the garage, called J.B. Weld, a two part filler.  As luck would have it, the color was a perfect match and even we, who know fulll well where the chip is, have trouble seeing it.

I spoke with Blanco again this morning, to give them this update and decline the offer for the new sink.  Believe it or not, they said the offer stands if we have trouble with the repair at a later date, "just save your receipt."  Remarkable customer service, in my book! 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.