Honored Contributor

My favorite white fish is halibut. It's meaty and firm and tastes great. It's very easy to cook...many ways to fix it.

Valued Contributor

Tried Monkfish years ago. We did think it tasted like lobster, but the smell that remained in my home from the preparation lasted for days. Never made it a second time. Perhaps I'd try it on the grill outside.

Respected Contributor

Thank you my friends for all your suggestions and advice:

Phillip just returned with 6 monkfish fillets so I will marinate them and then off they go into the grill with some baked potatoes.

The monkfish fillets were really quite tasty.

Now we have tried a new fish and will look forward to having this often.

Thanks again for all your kind replies, and happy Sunday!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting your monkfish grill results. I'm going to give it another try when I can go outside to my grill. Too cold and snowy right now.

Trusted Contributor

I am glad that you enjoyed it, Adore. It sounds great grilled, with baked potatoes on the grill, too. Smile

Regular Contributor

They used to call monkfish "Poor man's lobster," back when it was considered a trash fish and you could get it for about $1/lb

Now, at least in my neck of the woods, monkfish is more expensive than lobster, so I guess lobster is now the poor man's monkfish.

Trusted Contributor

That's interesting to know, boby. I had forgotten about it being the "poor man's lobster."

My Grandfather was a great seafood lover and eater, and he was always encouraging me to order some type of seafood, whenever we would go out to eat together with my whole family. I have some very happy memories of this.

I tried so many different types of fish back in those days, that I still like to eat, even today. Smile