Respected Contributor

Re: Any one get their Rangemate TSV yet?

Thanks Blondelle for posting the recipes. I copied and pasted them put into a Word document as sometimes sites with them disappear when you save them and go back into them. I printed out a few I want to try soon.

I loved the grilled vegetables dressing as I had never used the vinegar, sugar, and olive oil combination. I know I will use mine a lot. I have the cookbook that came with it, the recipes online from the original one and the ones you posted.

Just give the grill a few tries before giving up on it. There are so many choices with the inserts now.

Thanks again.

Frequent Contributor

Has anyone tried making potstickers in their Rangemate? If so, how long did you put them in for? I'm getting tired of cleaning the mess it makes on my stainless stovetop. Thanks
Super Contributor

MKR NY ..... I made a lot of grilled veggies again tonight, and they didn't brown, but I think I added a tad too much olive oil this time. Have to go back to measuring!

Valued Contributor

I just tried pizza in it. both the ready made individual one and the one I made using a round flatbread as a crust. Both looked and tasted great, but I cooked them too long as the bottom of the crust was burned. I think this will work fine for pizza if I can get the timing right as to not burn the crust. The flatbread fit perfectly in it!

Respected Contributor

Received mine, looking forward to trying it out. This would be a good thread to post recipes that worked for you.
Contributor

I just got mine and made the strata recipe that was on the item page. I preheated with a bit of butter and then cooked according to recipe, turned out great! The bottom was brown and crispy, egg top light and high. I will make that again, made a quick, cool dinner.

Respected Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Blondelle said:

I just tried pizza in it. both the ready made individual one and the one I made using a round flatbread as a crust. Both looked and tasted great, but I cooked them too long as the bottom of the crust was burned. I think this will work fine for pizza if I can get the timing right as to not burn the crust. The flatbread fit perfectly in it!

Thanks for posting that up. I know pizza is something I'd like to try, too. Looks like many of us will play for a bit, to get the hang of this.Smiley Happy. I want to try shrimp this weekend.
Respected Contributor

On 7/3/2014 lbmom5 said:

I just got mine and made the strata recipe that was on the item page. I preheated with a bit of butter and then cooked according to recipe, turned out great! The bottom was brown and crispy, egg top light and high. I will make that again, made a quick, cool dinner.

I just looked that recipe over, it looked good. Glad you liked it, I'll definitely be trying that!Smiley Happy. Anyone else ? Post your favorites
Not applicable

Made haddock (using tilapia recipe in book) and asparagus. Very good, best asparagus I'VE ever made, and my husband agreed. My son, who is 25 and an avid cook, dissed the thing until he tried the poached eggs I made the next morning.

Even he was impressed.

While my parents are in their 80's, I'm still going to try to get them to consider using the second one I purchased. It would make some of their simple meals far easier and they need this right now while Mom is being hospitalized.

This is a really nice cookware.

Valued Contributor

They advise using a non stick spray for most recipes. Does this brown better than using a mist of olive oil? The meat I tried, ribs, didn't brown well at all and steamed and looked gray. I've just read though that they recommend using boneless meat, and the ribs of course had lots of bones. They also curled which prevents contact with the grill. On my cast iron grill I use a grill press over them. Will try some other meats before I give up on cooking meat in it.