Esteemed Contributor

Any Thoughts On The All Clad?

Anyone do their research on the All Clad set offered?  Is this set made only for the Q or is this carried everywhere?

Looks like this is USA made except for the steamer insert. 

I'm tempted to replace my Farberware. While my stockpots look nearly new, my fry pans have taken a beating over the years.

Valued Contributor

Re: Any Thoughts On The All Clad?

@Snowpuppy

I am an All Clad collector and Chef.   I have been slowly collecting AC pieces for many years and a lot at SALE prices for my home.  Do Not Put these in the dishwasher please. 

6 Easy Pay is an interesting option to aquire these wonderful pots and pans.  

With care and attention this collection will probably outlive YOU! 

It is the total  ultimate in cookware and made in the USA. (except for the insert) . 

Good Luck in your All Clad Quest,  

Keep Calm and Cook On!  

Esteemed Contributor

@gacat123  thanks for the input.

That's how I began with Farberware, a basic set and then added open stock pieces. Cost me a fortune back then!

I always hand wash my Farberware.

Trusted Contributor

I have multiple pieces of All Clad and they cook and clean beautifully.  Worth every penny.  Have some of moms from when she passed as well.  Majority of them came from WS or TjMaxx-Marshalls.  

Look closely at the set, will you use those specific pans?  I picked mine up open stock,  selected them one by one.  My roaster is so overused and still looks like new, over 10 years old. 

I think it is a good value if you will use every pan in the set.   I personally wouldn't.  I use more 1-2 qt stock pots and fry pans vs. dutch oven type pans.  You have a day or two to shop around and for the $$ you would be smart to.  They are an investment but the quality is outstanding. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum  when I get to WS I've been looking at the 8" fry pan. All of my current fry pans are 10" and many times I just want to scramble a couple of eggs for breakfast or a quick dinner.

I do have an open roaster with insert rack and it's truly a beautiful piece and cleans so easily.

I'm off to see which pieces are the most used in my kitchen!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know they make a 3 ply and a 5 ply.  Look at the stores that carry it-like WS and I think Macy's. Sur La Table-for prices?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't own the All-Clad but I do have the 5-ply Revere ware that was produced in the last years of
USA made Revere ware.  It has lasted and lasted and will outlast me.  If the all-clad is at all near like my Revere ware, it should last and wear well.  A good investment is a good investement. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

All-Clad is the Rolls Royce of cookware.  I own pieces and the tri-clad construction makes clean up easy. Even distribution of heat. Of course the stainless steel is top notch and gorgeous.

Note:  Amazon offers better prices and free shipping to Prime members.

Honored Contributor

I have been through so many brands of cookware! My pieces would last a few months/years then I had to throw them away! I finally wised up and decided to spend the bucks on 2 complete sets of All Clad! Wow! This cookware is the best! I've had them for years now and know I'll never have to ever replace any! I buy my All Clad at Bed, Bath & Beyond. 20% off coupon is good too! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

SNowpuppy, whatever you do don't get rid of your Farberware unless a piece is broke or damaged. I am still a fan of my 1970 USA Farberware and once in awhile I do buy a new pan from QVC or BBB but I always go back to my Farberware fry pans that I love to cook with and hand wash when done.