Respected Contributor

And you thought QVC shippimg was bad on food items...

[ Edited ]

Thought this was amusing.  Keep in mind I LOVE a good hot dog.

MSN had a link to Food & Wine the other day about a hot dog that tasted like steak .  Now I haven't had a good hot dog since moving from MI (miss those Kowalski natural casing hot dogs!)

Went to the site to purchase them (KCcattle company) and found they were Waygu all beef uncured hot dogs - $9.99 for 8 hot dogs.  High, but not outrageous.  Mentioned it to DH as a one time thing to try them and he was also interested.

Went back. they were sold out and waitlisted for...$12.99!  Oh well, what the heck...

Found they had a flat rate shipping for purchases of $.00 to $99.99 of $25.00!!!!

LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: And you thought QVC shippimg was bad on food items...

And here's another one for you:  I finally decided to sign up for the Celebrations Passport shipping option for Wolferman's, the Popcorn Factory, Cheryl's, etc. (they offered $19.99 for a year of "free" shipping for their family of products, no minimum).

Ordered some things from Harry & David, the Popcorn Factory and the biggest part from Wolferman's.

Well, the box from Wolferman's arrived two days ago while I was out and my DH used his iPad to video the condition of the box!  It contained a baker's dozen of their Signature English Muffins.

The box was a flimsy cardboard but it did say on every surface, "Fraglie" and "Perishable".  FedEX handed it off to the local post office and they stamped it "Received unsealed" and "Received damaged".

I guess it was!  It looked like FedEx had kicked it around like a football and then placed it at the bottom of a heavy pile.  Every bit of the box was crushed; how the contents survived is beyond me (some of the muffins were a bit squished).  There was a hole in two sides of the box and the post office had put a piece of tape across the top to "re-seal" it.

I've NEVER received a package in that condition from QVC and the fact that this was food that had no other seal on the individual packages than the plastic tags, leaves me concerned.

Emailed them immediately and have so far had no response.  Don't think I'll be shopping with them again, especially if they can't package food better than that!  Can't wait to see what condition the tin of popcorn arrives in.  (Rant over!)

Esteemed Contributor

Many of the prices for QVC food items are high . . . but shipping is always free.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia - I have experienced similar results with virtually every order (about 10 now) I've made with the retailers in that group; the worst was a Cheryl's order that arrived completely flattened. I have no idea why they don't reinforce those cardboard boxes more—I've never received a Cheryl's order direct from the company or via QVC that hasn't been damaged at least a little bit. Fortunately, the customer service team at Cheryl's was great and I got a full refund, but I also am now wary about ordering anything "special" from that group.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc- I guess I'm going to have to make a stronger complaint to Wolferman's.  Can you believe I've received absolutely no response from them?

They enclosed a card saying that complete customer satisfaction was their goal and they can't even respond to my email?

The items I ordered from Harry & David arrived in perfect condition (on the same day as the Wolferman's order).  I'm still waiting for the tin of popcorn from the Popcorn Factory.  It's currently sitting at my local post office, as FedEx handed it to them this morning instead of dropping it at my door (as they drove by)!

Thanks for your input.  It took me a long time to finally decide to sign up with them, but I won't renew.  I'll just have to get my money's worth out of my year of (non) "free shipping".