Esteemed Contributor

Re: Already missing Chris on America's Test kitchen......

It is to "matter of factly" and not much fun to watch anymore.

Respected Contributor

Bridget and Julia seem like two ladies at the Gold Medal Flour National Bake-off, competing for the copper tone Amana Radar Range

somewhere i heard Kimball at one time had baratric surgery.

Respected Contributor

I miss Chris too.   I watched the show a couple of times without him and the 2 girls are good, but it's just not the same without him..    I probably will not watch like I used to.

Valued Contributor

"I think ATK is suing Kimble"

That is correct.  He was starting Milk Street whilst still employed by Cooks Illustrated and poaching staff, sponsors, etc.  When Cooks Illustrated found out, he was fired.

The awkward thing is that Kimble (as co-founder) still owns 10% of Cooks Illustrated.

Respected Contributor

@Lynnster67 wrote:

"I think ATK is suing Kimble"

That is correct.  He was starting Milk Street whilst still employed by Cooks Illustrated and poaching staff, sponsors, etc.  When Cooks Illustrated found out, he was fired.

The awkward thing is that Kimble (as co-founder) still owns 10% of Cooks Illustrated.

So, in effect, he is suing himself????!!!

Honored Contributor

I think they should drop the 2 person - 1 prepares while the other one watches routine. Yes, I know that was how it was done with Chris and somehow I didn't mind it then. Now it just seems odd with Bridget or Julia standing and watching the other prepare the recipe. Just talk into the camera.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was odd how he stood over those women like they were incompetent and interruped them all the time with some nonsense.  It was like they had to pay constant attention to him. . . just struck me as wrong.

I think they are doing fine now, and are giving me more information without something to distract from what they are doing.  We get more cooking and testing and less setup and chatter.   All the people on the show are great and don't need to report to him!  LOL!!!  Good for them!  

I think adding some diversity to the show is an excellent move too!  I applaud them for that!