Esteemed Contributor

Aldi's Projection Alarm Clock

Has anyone who bought the clock figured out how to program it?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

Re: Aldi's Projection Alarm Clock

Hi HonnyBrown,

I bought the clock but haven't yet taken it out of the box. Have you read any instructions? I hope it's not complicated.

Honored Contributor

I did not buy it so I cannot help, sorry. I figured it would put out to much light & DH would keep pressing it to see what time it is just to annoy me. I don't want any light on when I'm sleeping. Is it really bright?

Honored Contributor

Ok, I can't take it anymore . . . how do these things work?

Does it leave the room dark until you press a button and then the time is displayed on the ceiling?

Esteemed Contributor

I took it to work to get the electricians to work their magic.  That's when I read that the programming is automatic, but cannot be near concrete structures.  I'm going to take it to the park tomorrow to see if that will do something.  Trying to program it manually is impossible.

It's not bright since it's LED, and it has a lot of features: temperature, dual time, two alarm clocks.  It would be nice if I can get it to work!

Esteemed Contributor

I finally got the clock working!  It's radio controlled, so it's supposed to program when it's powered in.  It didn't, so I pushed a button and manually set the date, language, time and year as well as the alarms.

The display is large but the projection is very small.  It also has a temperature display, but I have no use for that.

Trusted Contributor

Don't you love the middle aisle at Aldi's? They always have interesting items at a good price.

I just bought a Food Saver, but have not opened it up yet. I have not seen the projection clock yet. Gives me an excuse to go back and look around!

Esteemed Contributor

Flicker, I love that middle aisle!  My first visit to Aldi's, I was very confused by it.

mtc bought the Food Saver also.

OH!  Today is Wednesday!  I have to check the new circular!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

Don't you love the middle aisle at Aldi's? They always have interesting items at a good price.

I just bought a Food Saver, but have not opened it up yet. I have not seen the projection clock yet. Gives me an excuse to go back and look around!

@flickerbulb, if you wouldn't mind posting a review I would very much appreciate it.  I am having a difficult time getting mine to work properly and I'm not sure if it's me or the machine.

If I am reading the directions correctly, it sounds like after you insert the bag the top should lock down so you don't have to manually do it.  Mine won't work unless I hold it down and I don't want to break it or keep it if it isn't functioning correctly.

Any knowledge you can share will be greatly appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe

Mine is still in the box but I will take it out this weekend to try it out. I will post back once I get it up and running. Hope it is not a dud!