Respected Contributor

Re: Aldi's Fans - what are your favorites?

[ Edited ]

Just came back from Aldi. Had to try the cookie butter to compare it to Trader Joe's. Bought pumpkin cream cheese, K cups, regular  cream cheese (only $.89) and mini milk chocolate bars.

Respected Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

We seem to have a club of Aldi's fans here - thought it would be useful to list our favorites in one place for reference...

Ham

Maine Lobster Tails

Medium Salsa

Crunchy Granola Raisin Bran

Italian Sausage

Cookie Butter (you fiends that turned me onto this!)  LOL

Anyone try the pork schnitzel on this weeks Ad?

Wanted to try the schnitzel but only one box left and it was open.

Esteemed Contributor

The Cookie Butter at Aldi's is a special, so it's in the weekly specials aisle.  Once it's gone, it's gone until the next time around.

The one item I pick up at Aldi's every week is a whole chicken.  Aldi's is the only place where I can find a 4 pound chicken.  They fit perfectly in my crock pot.

I also like the frozen vegetables, chili corn chips, Sandwich Skinnys, half and half, avocados, red onions, little oranges, asparagus and Breakfast Blend K-Cups.

As for the weekly specials: crab legs, Irish Cream K-Cups, Chipotle Salmon Burgers, Cookie Butter, International K-Cups and the bath mats.

My husband loves the cheesecake slices.  He says they are the absolute best.

My first visit to Aldi's left me very skeptical.  I thought it was very low rent.  Now I'm there at least once a week!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

For anyone who uses gluten free products their gluten free crackers, pretzels and bread are excellent and half the price of other stores.

I always get avocados, peppers, lemons, fresh spinach,broccoli, berries etc.

Cream, milk, half and half, eggs, all the different types of cheeses.

Baking supplies, jam and peanut butter, protein bars, hazelnut chocolate bars.

Olive oil, canola oil, nuts, golden raisins.

Their thin crust pizzas are excellent.

At the moment they have their Oktoberfest items. The red cabbage is good, also the Jaffa cakes and the frozen fruit strudels are delicious. I stock up on those for easy desserts during the winter.

You really can't go wrong there. Good quality and excellent prices.

Honored Contributor

I spent $100 at Aldi's on staples for my fall kitchen. Had six bags full. What I especially liked were Cranberry & Almond bars, similar to KIND bars.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MARY Bailey - I see HonnyBrown answered your question.  A few weeks back they had basmati rice as a "special" and it was all sold out before I got there Smiley Sad 

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions - I have some new items to try!

Denise
Regular Contributor

AuntG - ITA...the knock of Kind Bars are good! We don't even get them @ Walmart anymore.

We've shopped @ Aldi for yrs. We love it. A lot of good things have already been mentioned, so I will try not to repeat. We love their German candy bars. OMG....so good! We also like their version of the "take & bake" pizzas. We haven't ordered from a pizza place in YEARS bc of those! I also love the non-food aisle bc you never know what you'll find. I got some sistema mugs there last year. Love their dryer sheets, paper towels & TP too.

People who crack on Aldi don't know what they are missing! I will say though that some stores are laid out better than others.
Honored Contributor

Here's my list of a few of my favorite things.  Picturing in the front door:

dark choc mini cho bars, sometimes the milk choc w/caramel (very creamy)

wines, medium salsa, yes we buy chips

fit&active & Millville granola bars-read labels for high fiber% and they're all really good

most/all Millville cereals, or brands w/GOOD stuff, there a lot

agave for hubby's coffee (we don't use sugar anymore)

nuts selection is GOOD, dried fruits, cups of applesauce, puddings, jello for hubby's lunch

34oz coffee, coffee creamer for me w/low/no sugars

LOVE their avocados - THE BEST buy anywhere AND they're always the biggest anywhere even when they're not on sale

organic bananas, fruits, veggies - like those strawberries, if they don't look good, I don't get them.  I've had a bag of yellow sweet as sugar peaches this summer for a mere $3.49;bought a bag of white which weren't as sweet but still enjoyable.

yogurts,cheeses

L'oven whole grain white bread

lobster tails, no other fish though (yet)

pork products, grass fed ground beef, bulk chicken wings, thighs, breasts, tenederloin;mesquite pork tenderloin, peppercorn 'loin

premium bulk sausage in the log shape, gold wrapper - very tasty; 20oz thick slice appleton bacon

they have great flavors of roasted can tomatos, black refired beans

great buy on spring H2O

these are a few of my favorite things...

Valued Contributor

I love Aldi's.  We are getting a new store opening in October.  I can't wait. I've loved everything I've ever bought there.  We love the frozen shrimp and frozen asparagus spears.  

Valued Contributor

I love their gluten free items, especially the bread.  I save so much money compared to other stores!  Their bread tastes better than any other I've tried.

If I started to list everything I like from Aldi, I'd be typing all day.  I've liked almost everything I've ever bought there, including their non-food, small appliances, etc.

I think that their house brand tastes better than most of the "name" brands.