Super Contributor

Aldi, What day do they markdown the previous specials like pots, small appliances etc?

Aldi, What day do they markdown the previous specials like pots small appliances etc?

Is there a special coding on their tags?

Any tips?

Thanks !

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Trusted Contributor

Re: Aldi, What day do they markdown the previous specials like pots, small appliances etc?

I have never seen items marked down. In fact, after Halloween, they stll had some items left and they were full price.

Most of the things that were on special are mostly gone, at least at my store.

Someone else mentioned that they found something marked down, but I guess it depends on the location and what is left over.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Aldi, What day do they markdown the previous specials like pots, small appliances etc?

At my Aldi's, they only mark stuff down that isn't selling and taking up a lot of room. Don't count on something being marked down! If there is something that you want-buy it and save your receipt, if they do mark it down-you can get the refund.

Trusted Contributor

There are 3 Aldi's that are convenient to me and I have noticed no consistency in markdowns. One store may have something marked down a lot and another not at all. Just keep checking.

Super Contributor

Lacey1, thanks for the tip to buy & save receipt in case item is marked down.  Aldi opened here on Wednesday.  I haven't shopped there yet.

Trusted Contributor

I'm such an Aldi fan. I keep my receipts in the car so I can run in and get my refund, if I see a markdown on something that i've bought. When they are sold out-I staple the receipt to the instruction manual and put it in a file. Then, if something goes ka-flooey during the warranty-I'm good to go!

Respected Contributor

I was shopping at Aldi's this week and the manager was walking up and down the aisles telling people about a section with marked down items.  He said he had just marked them down.  I thought it was so nice of him to do that.  I LOVE Aldi's! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ours does not mark down prices on their specials until after at least one more ad has come out. I think it also depends on how much room they have in the store. Ours marks down anything that's not moving out. I got the induction burner for $22.99 2 wks after it came out in their ad. The only way of knowing is looking at the price on the signs in the store or on the item. I have also bought 2 paper shredders & laminating machine that were reduced plus a few of the pans you can use on your outdoor grill.

I think I paid $12.99 each on the shredders & $9.99 for the laminater. They also had the laminating sheets on sale.

Super Contributor

Thanks all

I like to bottom fish. Timing is everything.

At WalMart at times I can get their fully cooked chickens for $ 2.49, and their hamburger  meet for 33 per cent off.

Most of the times the cashiers do not fight me on price matches, BUT a few do :-(

A new Aldis will open close to me in 60 days, so I will be able to pop in and out :-)

I use the website slickdeals.........Aldi comes up from time to time

Thanks all !

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

@milkbone wrote:

Thanks all

I like to bottom fish. Timing is everything.

At WalMart at times I can get their fully cooked chickens for $ 2.49, and their hamburger  meet for 33 per cent off.

Most of the times the cashiers do not fight me on price matches, BUT a few do :-(

A new Aldis will open close to me in 60 days, so I will be able to pop in and out :-)

I use the website slickdeals.........Aldi comes up from time to time

Thanks all !

@milkbone I am a fellow bottom fish.  I love stalking markdowns that's why I was so surprised to hear Aldi's does it as I have never seen one at any of my Aldi's (I just came home from there and nothing was marked down) but I will continue to fish . . . Smiley Happy