Respected Contributor

Air Fryer? Looking for advice.

Ok fellow posters. Should I get one? Just the two of us. What size and make/model would you recommend? 

Thank you for you replies!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryer? Looking for advice.

I would look for one with a ceramic basket.  Many have them now and they would be much easier to clean with no sticking.  I would get a bigger one and only get the small one for one person.  I have both but the small one makes very little of anything. 

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld, further to @Pook's post depending on the size of your kitchen I would size up as much as you can.  If you have a lot of counterspace, I would opt for the 5.3 size.  If not, then I would go with the 3.3 size.  I have one of the original, 2.2 quart size which is fine but I would love to make a small turkey breast or chicken if I could.

Esteemed Contributor

It's just the two of us.  I bought a 2.5 air-fryer from Macy's. It's exactly the same as the one on HSN.  It was on sale for $49. I had a $50 gift card.   We love it! I bought the air-fryer cookbook from Sam's it's the same cookbook that QVC  sells.

DH teased me that it was a hair-dryer, not air-fryer. LOL I've converted him now, he loves it too. 

Honored Contributor

I only cook for one and I love mine.  It's the Power Fryer XL that Eric sold a few months ago at QVC.  I think it is 3.5 qts.  Using it tonight to cook salmon.  I use it at least 4 times a week and often more.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I would look for one with a ceramic basket.  Many have them now and they would be much easier to clean with no sticking.  I would get a bigger one and only get the small one for one person.  I have both but the small one makes very little of anything. 

My next air fryer will have the ceramic basket.  I also have the 3.5 and 5.3 quart.  I cook for 2 and use the larger one most often.  It's the perfect size for 2 chicken breasts and some roasted potatoes or 2 burgers with fries.

Respected Contributor

Wow..you all have been so helpful. I am sold!!! Will look for the nonstick coating type for sure.

Many thanks everyone!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope you find just what you need. I bought the recent TSV of Cooks Essentials 5.3 quart air fryer and I love it. There is just the two of us and I previously had a smaller one but love this larger size much more. You can make enough for one or two people but also make enough for when company comes over. 

I just made a Delmonico steak for my husband and it was about an inch thick. He seasoned it and I used the steak Preset and then added 4 minutes on the manual setting. It was a perfect medium well as he likes it. The kitchen had little odor as when it is cooked on the stove. He said it was juicer than any steak he ever had. That is high praise from him. I did a chicken yesterday and it was very moist with a nice crisp skin. I am cooking more than I usually do because the clean up was so easy. The non stick is awesome on this machine. I got the Cobalt blue and it is beautiful. Hope this helps also.

Respected Contributor

I noticed Eric Theiss has a air fryer oven now. I'd like to see a video. It has a rotisserie with it. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*