Not applicable

Afraid to purchase 9 " by 13" pans

I love using Temptations,but any time I bake with a 9" by 13" dish it starts getting marks and light cracks on the bottom. I want to replace the ones I had but now I'm cautious of using them! I always used them for Mac and Cheese and different meals. Anyone else willing to take a chance on them again? Are they just being made too thin on the bottom?

Occasional Visitor

Re: Afraid to purchase 9 " by 13" pans

We've had our old world set for several years, and the 13 X 9 developed a few small cracks around the edges near the corners after using them a few months. It hadn't been a problem until last week when the cracks actually started leaking. But I know this is a long time after your post. I would still buy the set again. Just wondered if you took the chance or not. We sure love ours. 

Honored Contributor

This post is almost 3 years old.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Davidh36 wrote:

We've had our old world set for several years, and the 13 X 9 developed a few small cracks around the edges near the corners after using them a few months. It hadn't been a problem until last week when the cracks actually started leaking. But I know this is a long time after your post. I would still buy the set again. Just wondered if you took the chance or not. We sure love ours. 

I hope you threw the leaking pan out...

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

This post is almost 3 years old.

True, sadly it is still relevant...

Honored Contributor

Well, I hope the OP ended up purchasing a better brand.  There are lots of outstanding choices out there for baking pans/dishes.

These are very poorly made and not properly fired.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Well, I hope the OP ended up purchasing a better brand.  There are lots of outstanding choices out there for baking pans/dishes.

I have a set of Lidia stoneware from here - no longer made, but fabulous quality.

Plus Fiesta baking pieces and Emile Henry pie plates.

Regular Contributor

Why, oh why, do you people keep buying Temptations?  There are so many better brands and better quality bakers out there.  With all the reviews stating problems, I don't understnad why anyone would buy this junk.

Valued Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I have a set of Lidia stoneware from here - no longer made, but fabulous quality.

Plus Fiesta baking pieces and Emile Henry pie plates.

@terrier3~ I agree with you about Lida's Bastianich's stoneware bakers. I have two sets of the set of three, and three of the round covered casseroles. I LOVE them and food cooks fabulously in them. Quality, quality and quality.

Trusted Contributor

I have two 9 x 13-inch Fiesta baking dishes. They are gorgeous and I use them quite a bit. Love Fiesta!