Occasional Contributor
I've recently bought several items from Ripka online
couture. No customer service whatsoever. Unreturned
phone calls, unreturned emails. Beware.
Valued Contributor

You mean Judith's website, correct? This is common for them. Has been happening since the sale of the company to Excel.  It took all this year with multiple e-mails to get answers to my questions. They kept saying the new website would be up first in the beginning of the year, then it went to Spring then it went to Fall and finally the end of September, it was up.  They began advertising the new site January 2015 and it took until the end of September for it to materialize. 

Recently, I asked about a pair of earrings thru their customer service....took two months to get an e-mail saying they received it and would send it on.....good grief.

I understand your frustration.  Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor
Thanks. I thought it was just me. I think there's just one lonely
guy in a warehouse in CA with no phone. I ordered a ring I wanted to return but gave up. Next I ordered a wide cuff and they sent me a pouch only big enough for a ring. Never got a response on either issue. It's really terrible. They ship quickly but if there's a problem forget it! I wonder if Judith cares?
Valued Contributor

Many of us have wondered in cases like this if she even knows. She is no longer in control so really it is not her problem.........it is Excel's team.

Occasional Contributor
It's still her name, her brand, her reputation, which is now tarnished as far as I'm concerned. I was so happy to find her sterling jewelry without diamonique, but I really hate to be treated so badly yet continue to order. Do you think they're just selling off inventory and that'll be the end of it? As you
know, the stores are all closed, at least NY and Bev Hills are for sure.
Valued Contributor

You are correct but she is not monetarily involved now....it is not her risk....it is Excel's. They own the brand and Judith has been paid for her business.  They now call the shots. 

That is not to say she does not care....it is just out of her hands. 

Frustrating I know. 

Honored Contributor

@ynnub wrote:
It's still her name, her brand, her reputation, which is now tarnished as far as I'm concerned. I was so happy to find her sterling jewelry without diamonique, but I really hate to be treated so badly yet continue to order. Do you think they're just selling off inventory and that'll be the end of it? As you
know, the stores are all closed, at least NY and Bev Hills are for sure.

I agree. She has shown what she REALLY cares about - money.

Not her loyal customers, not her good name and reputation - just cold hard cash.

Valued Contributor

It's not personal......it's business.

Respected Contributor
Ripka should care. If you read her deal, she received 22 million in cash, stock in excel, a percentage based on her sales. So she still benefits if the company does well.
Valued Contributor

They are going to concentrate on the e- commerce part of the business but have let go most staff in the transition. This same company also owns Isaac Mizrahi Live! and the Q division of Liz Claiborne.