Respected Contributor

Waited 2 Months for a Used Watch........

[ Edited ]

I've had JR's moon watch on waitlist since 6/4/15. Finally, the item becomes available once I begin a one month vacation on 8/4. After approving my waitlist order which I had placed on hold, I wait another month to get home to see my watch.

I got home today to a major disappointment. Whoever returned the watch that I received obviously used it nonstop for at least a month or more; the leather band is creased and two of the strap holes are out of shape. The watch was left running and had no stem or plastic on the glass. For good measure there is also a stain on the inside end of the strap. I don't think it's fair that I am paying full price for what is obviously an "As Is" item.

Somehow, QVC was able to get a hold of a used watch after 2 months to finally fulfill my order. After waiting this long and paying regular price I should get a new item straight from JR.

I am calling customer service tomorrow. Hopefully, someone reads this post and reaches out to me. My birthday was 8/31 and I was greatly looking forward to this item. At this price point, getting a used watch is especially egregious. However, when I purchase anything from QVC and pay full price I expect to receive a NEW item. Period.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

Re: Waited 2 Months for a Used Watch........

NycVixen, wow,  don't blame you for being mad.  I hope QVC takes care of this matter for you.  Actually, I think they should send you a new watch at a discounted price.

Esteemed Contributor

Something similar happened to me a few years ago.  I ordered a NEW  handbag (one of only 2 or 3 I ever ordered from the Q). When it arrived it was dirty and the inside of the bag was full of candy, candy wrappers and used tissues.  Of course, I immediately returned it.  Last time I ever purchased a handbag from the Q.... but then again these days I am purchasing very little from them due to the outrageous prices; lack of quality etc.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

So sorry this happened to you.   If CS does not help you, try calling the office of the President of QVC.  I have never done it, but I know others have and they were well taken care of.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

This happened to me last month when I ordered the Judith Ripka black/gold clad sugarloaf watch. 

Love the watch but it had been used. The watch was running....no way to know for how long already....all the plastic coverings were off and on the under side of the face, was oil residue from wearing it on skin. 

Called CS and they gave me a $10 credit. Since the watch is no longer available for purchase or waitlist, I have kept it.  I was truly disappointed I did not recieve a new watch but have dealt with that and I do enjoy having it.

Have seriously been down grading my purchases from the Q....just too much of this kind of stuff and more going on in the past few years.  Don't want to deal with any more than I have too. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for all your responses. After reading them I decided to see if QVC would offer another alternative to returning since the item is not even available. I decided to ask for a discount to weigh my options. The first CS rep I got when I initially called to let them know what had occurred was much more empathetic  so in hindsight I should of asked her for the discount but I was set on a return. 

Nonetheless, I called again and insisted for the second rep to check if I could receive a discount instead based on my situation (she just wanted me to return it). I was offered a $50.00 discount, which I found to be reasonable so I decided to keep the watch.

Hopefully, I can get the stain on the back of the strap out with a leather cleaner I have. But, it looks set in. The watch face itself is in perfect condition. Hopefully, JR will offer a replacement strap for this watch in the near future so I can buy a new one. 

As stated in my review, I do find the watch lightweight and for the price it should also have Swiss parts movement like my Chronograph watch. However, the watch is really beautiful and a is nice addition to my watch collection. The blues on the watch make the watch as well as the beautiful moon face. 

Thanks for all your help. Without it I would of just returned it and been still upset. I feel content now with the outcome. QVC should be more accommodating and offer a generous discount in cases like these on their own though. 

~Live with Intention~