Esteemed Contributor

Repair contact for RIpka QVC?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know whether Judith still handles repairs on defects in QVC jewelry, now that she sold to the Xcel Brand?  I have a 7-8-year-old ring that had faulty prongs, and I lost a stone.  My jeweler examined it.  The stone was custom-cut and it would cost me more at this stage to have a lapidary seek out a color match stone and then repair it than the ring itself cost. 

I've also been unsuccessful finding another one of this ring on ebay.

It used to be that she'd send pieces to her manufacturer in Thailand for repair.  I don't know if she does that any more.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Honored Contributor

Re: Repair contact for RIpka QVC?

Directly from JR website:

QVC

For repairs on Judith Ripka jewelry purchased from QVC, please go to http://www.qjrrepair.com/

For repairs on Judith Ripka watches purchased from QVC, please email customerservice@ewatchfactory.com

For other inquires regarding Judith Ripka products purchased from QVC, please contact their customer service at http://www.qvc.com/CustomerService.content.html

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

For the answer you might want to call customer service. They may have contact information.  Things have changed so much anyones guess what will be the result.  

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, the first option mentioned only does repairs on pieces that are two years or less old. I have a similar situation. Her stones are custom cut.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone for getting back to me.  Not all her stones are custom cut, as the lapidary who examined the ring noted, but unfortunately the one I lost is -- oh well!  I'll keep looking on ebay.

The ring I'm looking for is a london blue topaz ring with an asscher cut stone as the  primary one with two trillions as accents.  It's my favorite ring of hers, but those darn trillions are the custom-cut ones. 

Many thanks again!

Valued Contributor

Just about all my jewelry is Judith Ripka, but the lack of repair is a sore point for me. I !ike to think of being able to wear jewelry made of silver forever. I don't think of it as disposable but if you can't wear it because a stone is missing it might as well be. Some of her pieces are over $1,000. If a stone falls out after 2 years, are you supposed to chuck it? This policy needs to be changed. Prices are higher, quality lower, and no or little  after market support? Not good!

Esteemed Contributor

@Blondelle wrote:

Just about all my jewelry is Judith Ripka, but the lack of repair is a sore point for me. I !ike to think of being able to wear jewelry made of silver forever. I don't think of it as disposable but if you can't wear it because a stone is missing it might as well be. Some of her pieces are over $1,000. If a stone falls out after 2 years, are you supposed to chuck it? This policy needs to be changed. Prices are higher, quality lower, and no or little  after market support? Not good!

I totally agree!  I went ahead and filled out the form for repair, given that the ring is just under 4 years old.  On the form it says they MAY not be able to repair/replace something 2-3 years+ old, so I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

In the meantime, my jeweler is seeing about replacing the side stones with swiss blue topaz.  The problem is the area is for a custom cut and custom-shaped stone.  I wish in a way she could stick with more custom, calibrated accent stones.

BTW, my original ring is j266982.

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been removed by QVC because it has been bumped