Valued Contributor

REVIEWS Please post Judith Ripka July 2015 REVIEWS here... :)

Trying to get back in the swing of things here on the new board...a bit tardy this month (and totally lost last month due to the changeover, ugh).  Happy Independence day Ripkanistas and here goes...

The premise of this thread is simple: review after review after review.  Also, everything Judith Ripka counts, not only JRQ designs.  This includes any JR couture, or pieces from the Long Island outlet (still functioning, I assume, please let me know).  Also elite department stores and their websites such as LastCall, independent jewelers, their sites and online places including Bluefly, Ideal, RuLaLa, Gilt, etc.  For the Q, we are talking about new designs, older pieces, Insider, Last Clicks, "As Is," clearance, TSV, OTO, Event, Sale and Limited Quantity.  Online is Over There (major auction site) where there are thousands of JR choices, and finally, Ripkanista-to-Ripkanista trading.  Please include it all!

If you already have a thread talking about a piece, please re-copy the single review post here.  Photos are welcome!  And if you are reviewing a JRQ jewel, please include the QVC J-number.  With such a huge inventory (1,500+), it now is nearly impossible to be sure of the design reviewed without the J-number (also helpful to look up the product page for more info and reviews).

And even devoted Ripkanistas enjoy mixing their JR with other designers now and again, so if you find something terrific, please add a review for that item as well.

So, new JR board and all, let's get reviewing and sharing our kudos for a piece as well as the flip side if something doesn't work out.  Positive experiences and challenges are all part of the review process and need to be heard.  Thanks! ~Peach

Trusted Contributor

Re: REVIEWS Please post Judith Ripka July 2015 REVIEWS here... :)

Hi there,Peachy,

Hope this finds you well and happy. My latest JR purchase was the silver x ring,item number escapes me. Anyway,I was prepared to be disappointed,thinking it would be uncomfortable,have sizing issues,yadda,yadda...I was pleasantly surprised. I can wear the ring on 4 different fingers after sizing up two sizes from my left ring finger. I think it's going to be worn daily,along with some other faves. Anyway, thanks for starting the thread. Hope others will join the fun. Be well!
Beachy,your East Coast shopper friend. ( I think of you every time I wear the turq!)
Valued Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:
Hi there,Peachy,

Hope this finds you well and happy. My latest JR purchase was the silver x ring,item number escapes me. Anyway,I was prepared to be disappointed,thinking it would be uncomfortable,have sizing issues,yadda,yadda...I was pleasantly surprised. I can wear the ring on 4 different fingers after sizing up two sizes from my left ring finger. I think it's going to be worn daily,along with some other faves. Anyway, thanks for starting the thread. Hope others will join the fun. Be well!
Beachy,your East Coast shopper friend. ( I think of you every time I wear the turq!)

{{2zBeach}}~ Is that the wide band X ring?  If so, I'll add the J-number.  It seems to be popular.  I think of you every time I wear the Turquoise also--thanks again soooo much. Heart You remind me of why the Ripkanista board is so important to me!  Hope you are feeling well.  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

REVIEW  S7899 Super Saturday Clad Champagne Quartz heart enhancer

Grade:  A

Yea:  old-style Ripka quality; saturated gemstone.

Boo: one time only special from the JRQ vault

Value (1=lowest; 10=highest):  8

This special piece from I cannot remember how many years ago (five, maybe?) represents one of Judith's first attempts at using cladding.  I know I've had it, well it seems like...forever.

With a length of 1 5/8" including the bale and width of 1 1/8", the heart enhancer hits all the right marks of JR iconic style: loads of Berge texture and roping without a lick of Diamonique. The center is a deeply-saturated Champagne Quartz heart with eight carats of lusciousness. Backing is finished with an open cut Fleur de Lis to let the light flow into the CQ.

Long-time Ripkanistas will recall this piece while it will be new to more recent JR fans. The conclusion will be the same: nice, solid, versatile piece worth adding to your collection with a decent price.  ~Peach

Factoid: Join Date 5/8/08; Chicagoan now in LA; 11,519 posts.

Valued Contributor

I have hit the jackpot this month onJR LTS and LQs

I was lucky enough to purchase LTS on easy too !!! WHOO HOOO ! 

PiurIchased 6/30 LTS J31812-0 JR Tanzanite band ring, beautiful stone quality and color.  I can believe the color quality of these stones.  Beautiful ring and fits well.

Purchased 7/3 LTS J297032. J29733, J318358 JR carved sapphire and emrald pieces. Loved these pieces when introduced bout price prohibeted me from purchasing.  The LTS price and EZ pay what a deal.

Each piece is beautifyly carved and think heavey Old Time Ripka, love them.  My favorite is the ring it a beauty and fits great.

I also purchased LQ J2850871 Black Spinel watch.  I did not think I need this watch when introduced because I have JR black ceramic watch.  I was wrong this is so different I have not taken it off since I received.  I love the black oval  face.