Valued Contributor

MOP faces on black & chocolate chrono watches?

Can someone tell me if the mother of pearl is the same color on the black and chocolate chronos? I had thought it was more like the gold one but other photos showed it as light blue. Does it have purple in it like the black? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MOP faces on black & chocolate chrono watches?

Try paging the poster "Motherinlaw" -- she just received the chocolate one.  I only have the black one.

Valued Contributor

Thanks! I checked out a YouTube video and they had them side by side and they are different. It was lighter as I first thought. Photos of it on the bay showing it darker threw me.

Honored Contributor

Did you purchase the chocolate? If so, Opinions please. Thank you.
Valued Contributor

Hi! I decided not to. I don't wear much brown and I have the black one.

Valued Contributor

I have the chocolate chrono from Ripka and really like it.  It is a heavier watch than I traditionally wear but not so heavy that it is cumbersome.  You feel it on your wrist which can be a good thing.

The chocolate is more of a bronze color and the face is electric with pinks,blues, greens, white and lavender.  Did not realize there would such an explosion of color on the MOP face so I must have gotten a good one.  Sometimes MOP can come across as just milky.

I do love mine and happy not only with the watch style but the price was so good that it would be silly not to at least give it a try.  Glad I did.