Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Dear Ripkanistas:  How is everyone?  How are the snow storms treating you?  We are expecting some serious rain (Monsoon) here in SoCal Thursday, but that's about it.   Weather is in the 60s daytime/40s night time.  The cruel trick here is that the blood thins out, so it feels colder.  When I first moved here after 40 years in the Chicago area, I thought it was a joke when it got cooler, now I feel it more, sigh.

Has anyone been through a jury service call where they humiliate prospective jurors in front of everyone by having them recount crimes commited against them and family members?  This gave me nightmares.  I went through five long days of this at the end of November before I was finally recused for knowing too much about the murder that was to be tried.  Very shocking and totally opposite of my experience on a Grand Jury in Illinois.

Retail therapy necessary!  Here's the schedule this round over three days:  Monday:1-3Pm Eastern Standard Time (10AM-Noon Pacific Standard Time); Tuesday: 4-6AM EST (1-3AM PST); Friday: 11AM-Noon EST (8-9AM PST); 9-11PM EST (6-8PM PST).

Has anyone gone for the JRQ sale listing?  I admit to indulging in the large London Blue Topaz egg enhancer and blackened wrap Tubogas bracelet..  Also want to make a suggestion for the shrinking Scott Kay line, especially the rings...extraordinary quality and they look great when mixed with JRQ.  Apologies in advance for any typos--scratched my best eye and cannot see very well.  Happy shopping~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Ripkanistas: is anyone having trouble viewing the videos?   Whenever I try to click on a JRQ video since the recent format change, it kicks me off the site saying there is a problem.  Just wondering if this is a common issue.  Thanks~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count:  11, 598.

Save the Vaquita (vivaVaquita dot org).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi Peachie, the Q site seems kerflooey, if you know what I mean.  When I try to put something in my cart, it says "sold out" but clearly it's available, and I ordered a cuff the other day that's been in process and suddenly has slid into backorder this morning.  I think the whole caboose is off the rails!!

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peachie, the Q site seems kerflooey, if you know what I mean.  When I try to put something in my cart, it says "sold out" but clearly it's available, and I ordered a cuff the other day that's been in process and suddenly has slid into backorder this morning.  I think the whole caboose is off the rails!!

Sammycat, that has happened to me, too.  Then, I'll go back to the cart and it'll be there.  I have played the processing and then backorder game also.  I have often had to call the Q and have waitlisted stuff reordered because the system automatically kicks it out after 45 days, even though waitlist orders are still being taken.  The big offender with this is the JRQ Ankh enhancer.  I wish they'd just manufacture it and send it to us!

As for the boards, the changeover has lost a lot of posters (ie Q site traffic).  It does really bug me, that I cannot watch videos and I don't have cable.  Thanks for sharing the misery/annoyance!  Haha.  Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Sammycat, that has happened to me, too.  Then, I'll go back to the cart and it'll be there.  I have played the processing and then backorder game also.  I have often had to call the Q and have waitlisted stuff reordered because the system automatically kicks it out after 45 days, even though waitlist orders are still being taken.  The big offender with this is the JRQ Ankh enhancer.  I wish they'd just manufacture it and send it to us!

As for the boards, the changeover has lost a lot of posters (ie Q site traffic).  It does really bug me, that I cannot watch videos and I don't have cable.  Thanks for sharing the misery/annoyance!  Haha.  Take care~Peach

@LuckyPeachthis backorder item has me crazy.  Contacting them does no good, as the people taking the orders have no real access to warehouse people (or choose not to have access).  Sometimes I can't get videos on my Nook but I can get them on my desktop -- what the heck?  I just want my JR items; is it too much to ask?

FYI, DH is in mourning at the death of John Glenn.  He was such an inspiration.

Valued Contributor

Has anyone noticed J333998?  A new Panda Penelope cuff---this seems like a very different design for JR.  What do you think?  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@LuckyPeachthis backorder item has me crazy.  Contacting them does no good, as the people taking the orders have no real access to warehouse people (or choose not to have access).  Sometimes I can't get videos on my Nook but I can get them on my desktop -- what the heck?  I just want my JR items; is it too much to ask?

Yes, my "drive me crazy" backorder item is the JR multi-gem bypass cuff.  It has been processing at least five times.  AARGH!!!  I have found that the daytime Q customer service people are far more competent than the evening persons.  I am resolving not to call evenings.  More than once I was told to expect that an "As Is" item should be defective by the evening crew! The daytimers resolve things quickly.  I wonder who does the training at that call center where they are so rude?  My computer is a desktop and no-go on the videos.  I feel your frustration!

Very sad about John Glenn.  What a true and deserving hero!  I'll tell you DH is a bit worried about the incoming administration.  Did you see the NYTimes story that they are trying to cut climate change/earth science research?  And they are asking for some scientists' emails regarding the same?  A witch hunt.  We need the science more than ever as this is our last chance to mitigate the worst that is coming.  And the new EPA guy hates the environment.  All insane.  DH and I were there in Greenland during the stunning record glacial melt in 2012.  It was shocking.  I don't think people realize that the arctic is our planet's air conditioner...and we are losing it.  Sigh. Tell DH hello.  Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Yes, my "drive me crazy" backorder item is the JR multi-gem bypass cuff.  It has been processing at least five times.  AARGH!!!  I have found that the daytime Q customer service people are far more competent than the evening persons.  I am resolving not to call evenings.  More than once I was told to expect that an "As Is" item should be defective by the evening crew! The daytimers resolve things quickly.  I wonder who does the training at that call center where they are so rude?  My computer is a desktop and no-go on the videos.  I feel your frustration!

Very sad about John Glenn.  What a true and deserving hero!  I'll tell you DH is a bit worried about the incoming administration.  Did you see the NYTimes story that they are trying to cut climate change/earth science research?  And they are asking for some scientists' emails regarding the same?  A witch hunt.  We need the science more than ever as this is our last chance to mitigate the worst that is coming.  And the new EPA guy hates the environment.  All insane.  DH and I were there in Greenland during the stunning record glacial melt in 2012.  It was shocking.  I don't think people realize that the arctic is our planet's air conditioner...and we are losing it.  Sigh. Tell DH hello.  Take care~Peach

@LuckyPeachthat bypass cuff wouldn't happen to be J327376 in a large, would it?  What a hoot if it is!  I saw this pop back in stock on the weekend and ordered it immediately.  Monday morning, it went to "backorder," where it still is.  No one has a clue about it -- perhaps our online accounts are both battling over a cuff that does not exist - LOL!

I can imagine that your DH is gravely concerned about the incoming admin, as are we. Heaven help us.  My only consolation is that this country has survived all manners of self-mutilation (Civil War, the apex of bloodletting, which is right where I'm typing this message to you) and leadership disasters of all stripes.  Our whole is greater than any one of us, thank goodness.

Valued Contributor

Sammy~Frightening, isn't it?  I tried to feel this way (survival) in 2000 with the idea of how much damage could be done.  It turned out to be a lot: two constant wars, fake WMDs, crashing the economy, giving fracking a free pass, tax breaks for the wealthy.  This time seems to make that era appear quaint.  Now that we know for sure both sides were hacked/manipulated but only one side revealed, then that cancels the election result IMHO. It was rigged. I vote for a do-over. I think the time for the Electoral College is done, given popular vote is closing in on three million for the loser.  I'd also ban voting machines; paper ballots and scanners only and voting required, too. One person, one vote, everyone participates.

I believe we ARE talking about the same JRQ cuff, only I ordered mine some time ago, watching it go through all the ordering hoops. Waitlist.  Processing.  Backorder.  HAHA!  I believe it will work out for the both of us as long as we are patient.  Even with what I wrote above, I am an optimist, just a realistic one.  Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

@LuckyPeachI had a little chuckle this morning when I got an email saying our cuff was on backorder.   Did you?